80 Series + Bowfin Cruiser Rack + iKamper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I haven't seen anyone post photos of a RTT on a Bowfin Cruiser rack, so I wanted to share what the latest iKamper looks like on one (apologies in advance for the bad photographs).

Mounting was super simple - the sunroof makes access to the front brackets much easier. Note - the top of the light bar is the higher than the rack cross members, so that dictated how far forward the tent could be mounted.

Aslo, iKamper has upgraded the tent on this latest batch - it has the Rocky Black finish and with those tents, they upgraded the latch, ladder and trim color on the tent. The ladder upgrade is fantastic - they angled the steps, so when the ladder is deployed, the ladder rungs are now horizontal.

Thanks to Bowfin Cruisers for a great product and Rhino Adventure for the install.
IMG_20180915_142021.jpg
IMG_20180916_164524 (1).jpg
IMG_20180916_164535.jpg
IMG_20180916_164545.jpg
View attachment 1791484

Untitled drawing (1).png

I really like the idea and design of the Bowfin & Prinsu roof racks. IMHO, if you're running a RTT, you couldn't do any better. Distributing the weight and stresses along the entire length has got to be an ultimate & superior design, if there is one made for your rig . The options of cross members is infinite and attaching awnings looks to be straight forward and sturdy with the brackets shown in this thread. The wind deflector looks like serious relief for your sun roof for wind noise and moisture during driving. And if it leaks and your not running a RTT that covers it, it wouldn't be difficult to fab up a cover to keep moisture off. I know with the RTT on mine, it blocked about 95% of any moisture from even touching my sun roof, with my lexan Toyota sun roof fareing. I've run a CVT hard shell for over 5 yrs now, so the iKamper really appeals to me if I was to continue to run with a RTT. But, I really like the flexibility and potential of an off road capable hard side or teardrop trailer. Especially the freedom after you setup camp of still having a rig to be mobile with. But, I digress - this thread is about Bowfin & iKamper. What a combo for a RTT & rack! :popcorn:

What’s up Mike! The truck looks so sweet. Crazy how the tent fit up so well. That Bowfin Rack is super nice too.

which ikamper are you using on the 80? Looks great. perfect fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom