80 f4" r3" ome level stance lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With all these pictures of backyards on the water and talk of boats and such I know wonder you guys have so many nice Land Cruisers.

You guys are out of my leaque. I'm going back to working on my clunker out in the boonies now.

Jeremy

naw....when your family buys property for less than $500 acre or were the first to live on it besides the indians.... a long long long time ago....when Wadmalaw was a farm island with tomatoes, soy beans, corn and lots of pine trees......and the bridge was wooden.....and you had to drive to Olandhts Red and White for groceries on Johns Island or go all the way to James Island.........then it is not as much about income as it is timing. Land prices in 50s and 60s were pennies compared to today.... buy it today and hold it for 30 years and I am sure you will see a similar increase.

My father had to sell his little 30acre farm due to health..... The place with dock behind it was original Harts Plantation house that was to be bulldozed but father inlaw renovated it himself over the years..... had been her fathers life long love but we had to sell it after he died. Taxes are so high on that property now it was ridiculous.....getting taxed on current value of land instead of what you paid for it is a sham.....dont get me started.

That is why so many people with land in family for hundred years or more are losing it....cant afford the taxes to keep it...so state is on big land grab. Bastages. Off my soapbox.....

I know, figured I had a better chance of making it rich in the adult film industry. :D :D :D:D rather than taking photographs of landscapes, water, and motorcycles. :D
Hahaha. No that is a nice picture. Do you have prospects in your neighborhood for the adult side of it?

With all these pictures of backyards on the water and talk of boats and such I know wonder you guys have so many nice Land Cruisers.

You guys are out of my leaque. I'm going back to working on my clunker out in the boonies now.

Jeremy
Property can't be had like that anymore. My father bought 5 acres in West Ashley on the water full of huge live oaks(Hugo took care of most of them.) He bought this beautiful piece of property 32 years ago for $60,000 now worth MUCH more. I will be getting it one day but I never would be able to afford something like that.

I agree with everything said. I would be one of those that couldn't afford to keep it with the tax prices even if it was willed to me.

If someone left me a piece of property like that I would sell it and buy me a boat and a shak on St. Thomas, with another shak on the mainland to retreat to from the canes'.:D

Jeremy

Jeremy i bought in 1999 when interest rates were 7.5% and the local market was not on fire as in the mid 2000 era. Bought a 1500 sq ft ranch built in 62 from original owners who never updated the home. After 10 years and a lot of sweat equity it's finally a decent place to live. Even in todays declining real estate market i could never afford to buy this place in its present state.
No silver spoons here.

Jeremy

I wasn't impying that Glenn. Mike and Ron were the ones that brought up family property. I know you work really hard, it's these other clowns on here that look like slackers with a silver spoon.:D

Jeremy

Jeremy....no silver spoons here either...and our families bought it and worked it for years. My dad was enlisted Marine when he bought it in late 60s when he only had $100 a month extra to his name. Built a Jim Walters Home on it and we built the barn and put up fences with hard back breaking work. My father in laws place on water was a field full of chotaleria and trash dumped over the years.....it had a derelict house on it that was to be bulldozed down that was in such bad condition that the migrant workers for the tomato fields poured a slab and built a shack out back to live in.

No silver spoons on either side...one was career enlisted Marine...other was house builder with 5th grade education that was self made man who owned two homes nobody wanted and renovated them himself over his adult life until he died. both worked their asses off to get what they had and subsequently sold.

as for silver spoon comment...:flipoff2: You.

Last edited:
Don't get your panties in a twist.:hillbilly: If I offended anyone, I apologize. Just wanted to compliment you guys on your nice properties.

Looks nice Glenn, can't wait to see the bumpers.

Jeremy

yea ladies. Chill out.

Drove to Agusta this afternoon to pick up the front SLEE Shortbus bumper and the rear SLEE rear bumper with tire carrier, man the afternoon traffic to Columbia sucks, left Chas @11:30 and arrived @3:30, quickly half ass installed the front and rear bumpers as to not have to ride home being gassed out with the rear tailgate open, Heres some pics for now.

I promised the front bumper to Scott Shelley when i replaced the front bumper, but part of the deal i worked out with the buyer was to supply him with the old front and rear bumperettes. Scott i apologise and will stay on the hunt for a front bumper for you. The 91 cruiser that the bumpers came off of is going to be traded in for the cash for clunkers program, what a shame.

But not a bad deal, $1500.00 cash for 1 year old bumpers that retailed for $3200. shipped.

I have a young customer who offered me a warn 9500TI winch, does any one know the plus and minus of this winch and will it fit in the front slee short bus bumper?
I'll be like TACO BOY and avoid using the search function
DSC_0032.jpg
DSC_0033.jpg
DSC_0034.jpg

Last edited:
More pics sweet isn't it?

Drove to Agusta this afternoon to pick up the front SLEE Shortbus bumper and the rear SLEE rear bumper with tire carrier, man the afternoon traffic to Columbia sucks, left Chas @11:30 and arrived @3:30, quickly half ass installed the front and rear bumpers as to not have to ride home being gassed out with the rear tailgate open, Heres some pics for now.

I promised the front bumper to Scott Shelley when i replaced the front bumper, but part of the deal i worked out with the buyer was to supply him with the old front and rear bumperettes. Scott i apologise and will stay on the hunt for a front bumper for you. The 91 cruiser that the bumpers came off of is going to be traded in for the cash for clunkers program, what a shame.

But not a bad deal, $1500.00 cash for 1 year old bumpers that retailed for $3200. shipped.

I have a young customer who offered me a warn 9500TI winch, does any one know the plus and minus of this winch and will it fit in the front slee short bus bumper?
I'll be like TACO BOY and avoid using the search function
DSC_0035.jpg
DSC_0036.jpg
DSC_0037.jpg

looks like crap.

NICE love the look of those tires too bad nothing as tall or as skinny as the pizza cutters ihave oh got tire patched for now and a CO2 bottle in rear to help nice bumpers tho

Wow, that is awesome Glenn!

My brother runs the 9500Ti, but it is a little slow. It doesn't over heat as much but it is still slow. I guess nothing rally compares to the 8274-50 for speed. You might want to look at the HS models, I haven't talked to anyone with one yet though.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom