8" driving lights - recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Project for the summer (besides making the old girl live again) is a new front bumper and some driving lights on the front. I think I'm set on this tube bumper 80 Custom Tube Front Bumper for Toyota Land Cruiser but the question is what driving lights to go along with it. My headlights are getting pretty dim at night so I was thinking of putting 2 8" rounds in the horn of the front bumper. What lights do you have or recommend? Is it worth it to drop $500 on some good LED's or would some old KC Daylighters do the trick?

I didn't want high dollar lights hanging off the front of my truck so I went with some cheapy chinese made Amazon ones. I'd prefer to put some good name brand ones on there but didn't like how easy they would have been for someone to snag. They are 9" round and supposedly are 225W each. Whatever it is they actually pull they do put out some serious light and for only $100 per light it was a no brainer. They are going on 3 years old and haven't had any issues so far.

Project for the summer (besides making the old girl live again) is a new front bumper and some driving lights on the front. I think I'm set on this tube bumper 80 Custom Tube Front Bumper for Toyota Land Cruiser but the question is what driving lights to go along with it. My headlights are getting pretty dim at night so I was thinking of putting 2 8" rounds in the horn of the front bumper. What lights do you have or recommend? Is it worth it to drop $500 on some good LED's or would some old KC Daylighters do the trick?

I am a little biased:), but have many customers with these 7" LED Round Driving light with DRL - 160W- driving beam These things are super bright. Not as expensive as the $1000+ lights, but definitely not as cheaply built as other Chinese lights from Amazon or Ebay.

I have Baja Designs LP9's, but they may be out of the price range most are willing to budget for lights. Chose them for build quality, their u-service feature which uses an oring and allows you to rebuild and change up the beam pattern. Their IPT(integrated peripheral technology) provides a 200 degree beam pattern. They do a great job of combining multiple types of lights into one so while they may be expensive per piece they make up for some of it by packing a lot of lumens and their features/beam pattern. They did recently release the LP6 which is a smaller light that puts a slightly smaller dent in your wallet.

If not wanting to go with the big 3(KC, Rigid, Baja) I'd highly recommend Stedi lights from Australia. I'm running some of their work/scene/camp lights on the roof rack. They ship super quick globally and more affordable than, while being of better quality imo, the mid tier brands that typically advertise on social media platforms.

The lens itself is right at 7" the outside diameter of the body is just under 8.5" and from the mounting plate to the top of the light, its 9".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom