SOLD 78 FJ55 Linkage for tailgate lock/unlock mechanism and a door hinge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guster

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello,

I'm putting the inner tailgate components back together and have managed to lose the piece that links the lever and lock needed to unlock the tailgate when the window is rolled down. The piece connects the circled area below. Also need the lower hinge for a front passenger side door. The spring on the existing hinge is gone and I might have installed the wrong hinge. Thanks!

lock-linkage.jpg

Cut and bent an old carb linkage from the spare parts pile to fix the lock/unlock issue. Still looking for door hinges, actually need both for the front passenger side door instead of just the lower hinge.

lock-linkage2.jpg

Hi @Pigeaten, I was private messaged on some available hinges that I ended up buying so I'm all set at this point, thanks.

i'm missing that piece too. Also trying to figure out why my window cannot be controlled by the key cylinder in the back. Isn't it supposed to be able to be opened with the key in the rear?
Yes, you should be able to open/close with the key in the rear. If you have not seen this yet post #10 has a copy of the rear window article that has a bunch of great info, Rear window article available from Gary S - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rear-window-article-available-from-gary-s.323706/.

Yes, you should be able to open/close with the key in the rear. If you have not seen this yet post #10 has a copy of the rear window article that has a bunch of great info, Rear window article available from Gary S - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rear-window-article-available-from-gary-s.323706/.
Yes, I have read through that. Didn't see anything that specifically references a key cylinder not operating - well i see reference to that issue, but no solution. I had mine checked out by a locksmith. We took it apart and nothing is broken. We can hear the cylinder making contact but it's not operating the motor. Works fine from the remote switch. Frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom