Wanted 77 FJ40 Aisan Carburetor Air Horn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for an air horn for my 1977 2F carburetor. I believe the carburetor p/n is 21100-61023 and
the air horn p/n is 21012-61021.
When setting the carburetor up for idle circuit, while adjusting the idle mixture screw I noticed fuel
dribbling down the main venturi from the side of the air horn, this would not let the idle speed screw change the idle
speed. I don't think this is correct. Could the air horn have a crack in it? Let's try another. PM me. Thanks

Finding the specific day/month and year is next to impossible. If you really hunted you might find, but just a lid is all you’d potentially need.

If im honest, you don’t need a lid. Sounds like your bowl is overfilling or the accelerator pump circuit is acting up, but that’s an assumption.

Finding the specific day/month and year is next to impossible. If you really hunted you might find, but just a lid is all you’d potentially need.

If im honest, you don’t need a lid. Sounds like your bowl is overfilling or the accelerator pump circuit is acting up, but that’s an assumption.
Thanks for your input. I edited the thread title to take out the specific 7A8 cause I believe that Aisan 2 barrel carb air horns are interchangeable
from 75-78. The truck I was working on is a 78 FJ40 LV-KCJA and I took the 77 air horn off and changed it to the 78. Works good so over filling the bowl or
acc. pump not working should not be the problem.

Thanks for your input. I edited the thread title to take out the specific 7A8 cause I believe that Aisan 2 barrel carb air horns are interchangeable
from 75-78. The truck I was working on is a 78 FJ40 LV-KCJA and I took the 77 air horn off and changed it to the 78. Works good so over filling the bowl or
acc. pump not working should not be the problem.
Note that by swapping to a different horn means you potentially changed accelerator pump and or float needle/float height and the float itself so there’s a lot of unknowns still that need addressing

Note that by swapping to a different horn means you potentially changed accelerator pump and or float needle/float height and the float itself so there’s a lot of unknowns still that need addressing
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: it’s ironic how much good tech gets buried in the classifieds.😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom