‘76 front seat swap w/ CCOT fit issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought CCOT seats to pair with a back bench and replace some rough vinyl seats. Pulled the passenger side and found the front outside bolt sticking up where the adapter plate should cover. It’s not budging when I tap it with a hammer and think I’d have to pull the whole seat support from. The hole for the seat sliders on the plates that CCOT included also falls on the front cross bar. I thought about drilling holes to accommodate both but figured I’d try here and emailing CCOT support first to see if anyone recognized what I’m missing.

Not sure how to link pictures via mobile

First cruiser after being a lurker for the last 2 years. Working remote for the rest of the year means I don’t need a reliable ride for now. Kinda got screwed buying out of state and getting a few problems the PO had “never seen before” like oil squirting from the temp sensor and fuel lines that were about to crack through. Currently going back and forth hating myself, but more good times than bad now that it’s starting and only leaving a few drops of (I think) power steering fluid.

47B9995F-8B6F-43B6-A9C6-FDA0B398B4FE.jpeg

5C9836EF-B1E3-4E01-B1FE-F2E8CC2FDA3D.jpeg

9AC8B189-A0E6-4D66-822E-C102FB28F952.jpeg

B69D8D33-B70A-4A81-AC11-7794E73656E2.jpeg

So, your seat brackers should look something like this for your year:

Your seat brackets look to be custom or aftermarket, but I could be wrong.

So, your seat brackers should look something like this for your year:

Your seat brackets look to be custom or aftermarket, but I could be wrong.

thank you! That’s sort of what I was thinking of too. Was also trying to figure out if it was a bench seat before or something else recognizable. There is a weld line like the cross bar was added, but then why cut off the other stuff?

I’m guessing either way my bucket seats are aftermarket and these brackets were made to make that happen. Probably going the cutting route before ordering the stock brackets.
Thanks again for

If your truck originally had a front bench seat the brackets are not the same than a bucket seat version of the same year. US vendors only consider US spec FJ40 when they give you compatibility so if your truck comes from somewhere else you have to be very careful on everything aftermarket you buy.
Show us your driver seat bracket and we will know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom