75 series rear canopy OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same here. I reckon the OEM canopy looks as if it is catered for people transport or the transport of large piles of, say, watermelons.

Or ammo, or RPG’s, or a bunch of people with arm and leg shackles... depending on Part of the world.

how does the OEM one stay attached along the bed? I don’t see any tie downs or snaps.

Edit: Nevermind. I see how it stays down.

Honestly making bows is super easy if you have a tubing bender. It is the canvas that takes more skill. Upohlstery shops can be a real pain to deal with too.

I was going to fit one to my HJ47 but didn't. I had all the resources to build a sweet one but didn't have the time.

I was going to guess $5k+ on the OEM set up. I am sure it is good quality but that is crazy expensive for what it is. Plus I seriously don't like it higher than the cab, makes it look like a farmers truck to much to me. I like the SA one a lot but would want more security built in which I have plenty of ideas on how to do that.

All in all, that $5+k sure seems better spent towards a FourWheel camper or similar!

Cheers

Honestly making bows is super easy if you have a tubing bender. It is the canvas that takes more skill. Upohlstery shops can be a real pain to deal with too.

I was going to fit one to my HJ47 but didn't. I had all the resources to build a sweet one but didn't have the time.

I was going to guess $5k+ on the OEM set up. I am sure it is good quality but that is crazy expensive for what it is. Plus I seriously don't like it higher than the cab, makes it look like a farmers truck to much to me. I like the SA one a lot but would want more security built in which I have plenty of ideas on how to do that.

All in all, that $5+k sure seems better spent towards a FourWheel camper or similar!

Cheers

Well what about if it isn't anywhere close to + 5K but lets say more like 3K,it is oem after all and almost unobtainable usually that goes a long way in the land cruiser community.

Plus you mention buying a camper vs this,if the idea is to use it to sleep in I would rather have the higher roof line then the lower one wich might be better looking but I hate sitting on my knees all the time while camping and that oem setup looks like there is some space in it to stand almost up or maybe even stand up if you are not 6ft + like I am ;)

If the tarpaulin material on that canopy is the same as my soft top (looks like it is) then I would definitely take OEM over aftermarket. The Toyota OEM tarpaulin material is just way better than anything else IMHO and you really can't beat the design of OEM.

I can't stand either version, they both suck.

Only because my benevolent government won't let me have the truck they fit :crybaby:

I almost googled it because 745XX-.... is usually a decal p/n as I understand it to be, lol..... At least beno had it halfway convincing.

Only beno?

:crybaby:

I can't stand either version, they both suck.

Only because my benevolent government won't let me have the truck they fit :crybaby:

Aren't the keys to all of those trucks hanging on a pegboard somewhere in the museum? :)

I am in touch with http://www.CustomBuiltCanvasCanopies.co.za

Prices range from ca. $600-$2000 for canvas and frame. Shipping from SA will be expensive.

I bring in several containers a year from SA so maybe something could be figure out if a few guys wanted some of these units.

Otherwise I find that if you find a good boat canvas guy/gal any idea can be created not costing an arm and leg here in the states; even to match a factory unit. The last one I built with steal bows and canvas ran $1750.00 complete. Powder Coating was extra for the bows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom