75 series exhaust routing pictures please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slow day at work, but really nice outside, so I went out to the parking lot and climbed under my troopy. Hope these help.
CFCF1612-4548-486E-BF4D-3511C52F20BC.jpeg
E30B0F04-69AB-44DF-8803-8E37D311F2C0.jpeg

What about around the rear wheel?
I think all 7* series are the same at the rear. My 1HZ conversion changed sides after the t-case and connected to the old 3F exhaust

I meant at least pre 99. The V8 models seem to have a u shape at the rear to clear something

Hi all, I am thinking of re doing the exhaust to go the factory routing. Right now it’s dump in front of the rear wheel. Thanks for the help.
Is there issues with where it is? Smell with windows down? I was planning the same but don’t know what kinda negatives there are.

I was also considering running a 3” exhaust out near the rear tire. I’m told that having a rear fuel tank can make it challenging to route a 3” exhaust in the factory fashion.

where it dumps now too much start up soot stays in the garage so have to leave doors open for a bit with the man door open to try and drive the soot back out the door. if the exhaust was routed the factory way it would put the soot closer to the door, but that still would not guarantee that no soot would drift back into the garage. I do plan on re doing the exhaust to tuck it up higher so it does not exit below the frame like it does now.

I made the mistake putting my BJ40 out the back instead of the side. With the top off it pulls the exhuast back in while driving. I bet the same would happen on a truck if you have the sliding rear cab window.

there probably is a chance of that. fortunately I don't have a rear sliding window, been thinking about getting one some day but don't know if I really need one.
I had one on a previous truck and loved it if nothing was in the bed. But when leaves and stuff were back there it would come in the cab while driving if open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom