7100 Shock Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got around to mounting the 7100's

Got to use my plasma cutter too, and boy did that make life easy!!! :eek:
DSC02438.jpg
DSC02439.jpg
DSC02441.jpg

Those are looking great. How does the rest of the truck look? Are you getting close?

Jack

Those are looking great. How does the rest of the truck look? Are you getting close?

Jack

The only thing left to do on the front end is paint the valance, and finish the fender with a bit more paint and clear coat. I'm going over to Ray's house next week to finish all that up. Then its BUMPER TIME!!!

Nice job Matt!

Nice work, have you tested the shocks yet...oh and when are you opening your new shop?

I had the shocks on my Rover for a few years and they were nice. Valving seems to be the same from what Ive read on here so I didnt change or mess with that.

I wish I could open up a shop! Just dont have the funds...

I did talk to one of the guys at protofab who always helps me with my steel. He gave me an application and his business card to add as a reference! Going to fill it out, print up a picture portfolio of all my fab stuff over the years, and take it down.

Nice job Matt, as usual :p

If you go to a bigger lift, will you have to change the mounts again or would they be ok as is?

Jon

Nice job Matt, as usual :p

If you go to a bigger lift, will you have to change the mounts again or would they be ok as is?

Jon

Thanks Jon!

As of right now, the shocks have 5.5" of up travel before they bottom out. I think that's a good amount. I carry heavy loads (hunting gear for my dad brother and I) but nothing too heavy. I think with some new lengthened bump stops, i'll be good to go. If I do go with a bigger lift I can always cut the bottom mounts of and put new ones where needed.

There's a thread in the 80 tech section about fitting 37's and up travel. Some guys are saying 2-3" of up travel with bump stops is plenty. Definitely NOT a good setup for a desert rig with lots of gear IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom