71' column shift reverse switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.smokyqd.com
I've got the 3 speed '3 on the tree' column shift. The reverse switch is mounted on a bracket on the column shift linkage. It is enabled /closed when reverse is selected by a section of the linkage pressing the switch in. The switch is a momentary 'on' type and is no longer working. Has anyone replaced this with an aftermarket switch and if so can you share a part number for it? Thanks

Solved: Found the perfect replacement on Amazon. The Fastronix Heavy Duty Push Button Momentary Start Switch (with Neoprene Cap)
Part number: 305-001. The switch is intended for momentary high amperage usage but works just fine for this. Its fits exactly in the bracket and it even has a nice rubber cover just like the original. Only rework required was changing the electrical connections to ring terminal.

Solved: Found the perfect replacement on Amazon. The Fastronix Heavy Duty Push Button Momentary Start Switch (with Neoprene Cap)
Part number: 305-001. The switch is intended for momentary high amperage usage but works just fine for this. Its fits exactly in the bracket and it even has a nice rubber cover just like the original. Only rework required was changing the electrical connections to ring terminal.
This was a big help, thanks! It worked perfectly and seems much more robust than OE. I thought I would pay it forward with some photos of this solution for anyone else interested
C8E8DEDD-6DD6-4979-989C-2F1E1E323F6F.jpeg

D57B9A4A-0E14-4E93-8167-4398CA4C1F1D.jpeg

02606034-F5AF-444A-965D-A9BB24F6FA1B.jpeg

420288F0-32BF-4E24-8912-6EE8B892EA7E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom