70's series speakers... talk to me, Goose. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTV

Threads
So the speakers in my 95 KZJ78W are terrible, and since I'm having to replace the JDM stereo anyways, I am going to put new speakers in front and back. That was until I realized how s***ty the spot for the fronts is.
Has anyone done something different that they are happy with?
Any kits available that don't look terrible?
Mucho Thank you-o

So the speakers in my 95 KZJ78W are terrible, and since I'm having to replace the JDM stereo anyways, I am going to put new speakers in front and back. That was until I realized how s***ty the spot for the fronts is.
Has anyone done something different that they are happy with?
Any kits available that don't look terrible?
Mucho Thank you-o
music is important to me, I love deep bass. This is not as sexy to look at as some stuff done here, but I am very happy with my set up and I can take the party anywhere, even from the car. Velcro straps make it quick, inverter is behind passenger seat. I use a fiio mp3 player as I go where there is no internet, I think it is a cleaner sound than iphone too.
1661753367173.png

Reactions: BTV
There are some speaker pods for the doors that look really nice from Australia. @c2dfj45 was importing and selling. He still may be??

80CC3509-0718-4408-ABC4-F9C2CB22A4F4.jpeg

I have 6.5” in my door, only because somewhere along the line someone cut them in. They don’t look awful, but they don’t look great.

I also added the 4” in the dash that everyone hates :rofl: For when I take my doors off.

0876C906-706D-4959-A85A-348E61A8B896.jpeg

In the rear doors I have 6x9s cut in from sometime in the past as well. They sound ok, I’m not a fan of 6x9s personally. I normally have a sub back there but for the summer I take it out before someone else decides they like it more than me. I have a small amp under the seat pushing the back speakers.

I can’t be too picky on SQ with no top or soft top on a diesel tractor at this point…but I will upgrade to a rear sub in the door and a better receiver.

I would also add you can, put nicer front 4” speakers in, throw an amp and compact-ish sub setup and later add some 5 or 6.5” mids and
Have a great setup. A sub with decent 4” will be loads better than just oem 4”.

I put in a pair of these with upgraded 4" speakers, and while nothing is going to make the factory spot sound awesome, they are much improved.

x237xt652-f.jpeg

Interesting what folks come up with. Whilst very happy with what I have, my troopy is predominantly for work in a a very muddy place. It is hard for me not to get mud on the door internals with muddy boots. I like the speaker near my head it is dry up there. Deafness shall come eventually in my left ear.

Have a music mate with a hyundai i30, he reckons it has the best factory sound system ever. I am a tight arse, so would grab a used system from the pickapart if I wanted to mess with wiring.

Whatever it is, bass is a priority. I often take my speaker out as I have better sound than most sheds and remote friends I visit. I like that it has it's own battery. Easy to clean when removed too, which is important for speakers.

So, I found a guy that does this stuff for a shop full time, but also does some cash work on the side.
He advised me that since my truck is surprisingly mint on the inside, that I should go the extra mile and take off the whole dash etc and do it clean to maintain the original look and use the existing speaker locations and add in some good speakers instead of the dusty ones that are in there now.
I have bought some JL Audio C1 4" and 6.5" for the front and back, and an Alpine self powered woofer that will be able to tuck into somewhere and hide. Pioneer single din as he says they have the best power output without needing an amp to drive them properly, and a package from BOYO that has a rearview camera with a mirror that splits into a screen showing the camera view when in reverse.
**** it, it's only money.
I'll let y'all know how it turns out when everything arrives.
Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom