70' Transfer Case to 76' Axle Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can the 70 front axle shaft mount to a 76 axle? I replaced my axle for the disc brakes a while back and then have been gone for a while (Iraq:crybaby:) and didn't know if I needed to get a newer flange to mount to the 76' axle. Is the bolt pattern different?
:cheers:

If anyone knows the answer, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Can the 70 front axle shaft mount to a 76 axle? I replaced my axle for the disc brakes a while back and then have been gone for a while (Iraq:crybaby:) and didn't know if I needed to get a newer flange to mount to the 76' axle. Is the bolt pattern different?

If anyone knows the answer, I would greatly appreciate it!!

I probably have the pinion flange you need. Go here to see what you need.

Cruiser Outfitters

Then let me know which one and I'll send it out. If you let me fly your A-10;)

Ed

can't he take his old flange off his drum axle and put it on the new disc brake axle. i can't think right now .
Well, I can't think, either! Of course he can!

Ed

I just wanted to fly the A-10:frown:

I don't think he can, isn't the 76 axle a fine spline pinion? I know the 70 is a course spline pinion. He could swap pinions, but that would be stupid IMO.

Brittain

I don't think he can, isn't the 76 axle a fine spline pinion? I know the 70 is a course spline pinion. He could swap pinions, but that would be stupid IMO.

Brittain

10 spline E>'78
27 spline '78>

Degnol,
Thanks I'll tell the squirrels to file that away for future use.

Brittain

Thanks

Gents,

Thanks for the info and sorry for the late thanks!

I'm not going to tear apart my third member to replace the flange. I'm thinking more along the line of repalacing the front part of my front driveshaft and having it cut/replaced with the correct '76 pattern and rewelded.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom