70 series suspension seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if the suspension seat bases are easily transferrable between similar BJ7* models?

For example, will the BJ70 suspension bases easliy fit a BJ74 or HZJ73 if it did not come from the factory with them? I wouldn't think the factory would change the floor pan if one did not order it with suspension seats, but I have been wrong before.

Has anyone ever swapped susp. for rigid seats?

Thanks.

-kevin

GregB and I looked into swapping that into our BJ74s before. I think there were some minor issues about cutting back that square brace that goes across the center hump between the seats, as well as having to weld some captive nuts on the floor to secure the suspension bases. FWIW, we have seen VERY few BJ74s that appeared to have had the suspension seats installed at the factory, but lots of BJ70s that had them. The Japanese usually keep the good stuff for themselves. As to why the bare bones Canadian BJ70s got the suspension seats and barely any of the seemingly loaded BJ74, who knows?

Thats too wierd, I wouldn't trade those seats for anything.

Anyone have an extra knob for them? My truck only came with one

I bought a pair of suspension seats from a JDM BJ71 to put in my 75 and they don't fit, so I am selling them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom