70 Series one-piece hub?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there guys,

I am embarking on replacing my 70 series PZJ70 1990 front rotors.

I bought the rotors before I took them off. The company I bought them from assured me that they would fit.

When I took the front rotor off I tried to remove the hub from the rotor and walked into a wall!

From the photos attached you can see that the old rotors look like they are one-piece. There is also no bolts to remove, just pins that appear to have been welded on.

Any advice please regarding:
  1. Are they on-piece rotors
  2. If not how do I separate the hub from the rotor
  3. If they are one-piece where can I purchase a replacement set from
Cheers

20180217_162322[1].jpg

20180217_155747[1].jpg

20180217_162209[1].jpg

Paul,
There is a pretty good 6 part series on Youtube by Low Range Offroad:
How to Rebuild a Toyota 4x4 Solid Front Axle.
I think they use a press on that piece. It may give you some in-sight on part 5 of the series.

Paul,
There is a pretty good 6 part series on Youtube by Low Range Offroad:
How to Rebuild a Toyota 4x4 Solid Front Axle.
I think they use a press on that piece. It may give you some in-sight on part 5 of the series.
Cheers, I figured it out thanks.

Did you get them apart.? They used a 50 ton press on mine and broke the old rotor when they were being replaced.

Did you get them apart.? They used a 50 ton press on mine and broke the old rotor when they were being replaced.
Yip, I got them SOBs out!
WD40, a 4lb hammer and an old ratchet extension. My only problem is that I see I have depressed one of the 'studs' on the outer hub. There are two of them and they connect to the free wheel hub body. I do not understand what they really do or if they are needed.
hub.JPG

Last edited:
Those studs are locators which makes sure the freewheeling hubs are orientated the correct way. I don't know why but maybe its for balancing purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom