70 Series lights (pics request) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, folks! Trying to button up some side projects while the old girl is sidelined for the engine swap. I asked this on the POR board a while back, but never got anything conclusive. With so many non-US Cruisers on this forum, I thought I'd try again. I am looking for close-up shots (as close as possible, like the example) of the front fender side marker lights of 70 series, especially Canada-spec BJ70's. I am looking to identify a part# but I need to confirm my suspicion first. I'm most interested in the gasket that sorrounds the light.

Thanks in advance!!
side marker light2.JPG

My CAD BJ70 has the same marker lights as a US spec 60 series F&R. Let me know if you really want a pic but i suspect you can look at any 6x down by you.

HTH
-Wes

how's this?
marker 1.jpg
marker 2.jpg

Thanks, Norm! Those look about the same. So here's the reason I'm asking. A few years ago I saw an FJ60 in Moab that had a bunch of non-US goodies, especially small details. One of the items I noticed (because both of mine are cracked and crumbling) were the gaskets around the marker lights, which seemed to be of a softer material, and they came up the sides of the marker light a little bit more than the US (and Venezuelan, for that matter) marker lights. The light themselves weren't exactly the same as mine, but more angular. He said at the time that he thought they were from a Canadian-spec _J70 or _J60. I've looked around but haven't been able to confirm, although I did come across some pictures of them on a 60. I've had these pictures for a long time in my archives, dunno where they came from or which market the 60 was from. Can anyone help?
extmarker.jpg
extmarker2.jpg

The new markers (Cdn spec HJ60) have a better gasket. I have two in the shop that were to go in Das Poo. Be a day or two, but I will get a pic and post with the part number.

Direct plug in for my 1983 BJ60...just need to change the bulbs to 12V.

Edit...they do not stand out as far as the ones in your pic though Exiled...

gb

H, Those look similar to EU ones. For some reason I rmember EU ones being taperd though. I don't know where my old photos are. You probably have a few brochures that would show it.

Ok.. I have a pic of a FR spec hj60 and it appears to be a little more tapered f to r. Now I also have a pic of a FR spec 7x tow truck and it looks to be similar to the one above but the damn marker lights are on and it's hard to tell. :rolleyes:

So maybe one of our EU brothers will be able to identify it.

Henry
The units you are looking for is the BJ70 24V units and the HJ60 24v items.
Only the 24volt ones have the rubber gasket .
I got my last set from a US dealer under a year ago .

HTH some

Thanks, guys! That's *exactly* what I wanted to know. Greg, if you can share a part number I will be in your debt. I don't need the tapered lights, but since I'm replacing the marker light lenses on mine, I wanted to run the Canada-spec gaskets instead of the US-spec ones.

I love this board, wish it'd been around when I first imported the @#$%^&** :princess: !

81740-90A01
81730-90A01

L and R sides (did not run EPC to see which is which). Sorry, no pic, but they look like the ones Bruce shows above.

hth's

gb

Thanks a LOT, Greg, I appreciate it!!!!!!

Hey, check out what came in the mail today! Thanks again to Greg, Bruce, Todd and Cruiserdan. It may not sound like much, but with my Cruiser 1,000 miles away, I get excited about the details! :)
HJ60 marker lights.jpg

Exiled said:
Hey, check out what came in the mail today! Thanks again to Greg, Bruce, Todd and Cruiserdan. It may not sound like much, but with my Cruiser 1,000 miles away, I get excited about the details! :)
Hey Henry

Can I have a bulbs :D

Exiled said:

Cool...

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom