Wanted 70 series cable locker controls and cables for LHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LCMoneyPit

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking for the cable locker controls and F&R cables for a LHD 70 series. The cables would need to be from a Troopy size truck to fit. I have RHD cable locker controls and BJ74 F&R cables I would be interested in trading if you wanted to go that route. Otherwise, I would be happy to buy what you have without a trade. I have included a pic of the orientation of the controls for LHD trucks.

12D1BD74-6BB6-4AAD-988D-123C5DD36548.jpeg

You may have already seen this, but Toyota Xexpress.fr shows the rear cable in stock as of Jan 2 2023, and Megazip shows the front cable in stock.

Handles would probably need to be salvage or just adapt the ones you have (I think the levers are the same LHD vs RHD, you'd only need to figure out how to turn them around and rotate the rubber boots with the labels on them?).

Thank you. Unfortunately, Xexpress.fr doesn't include the US in their shipping locations FAQ so I don't know how I could get the one they have. Do you know of a freight forwarder type of place?

I've placed an order for the other cable with Megazip and hope they actually have it.

There is a way to use the RHD controls on LHD truck so I will go that route if I can't come up with the LHD version.

Do you know of a freight forwarder type of place?
I've never used one, but there are several online places that offer that kind of service.

There are several others.

Thanks! I’ll check them out.

BTW, it's more likely than not that you won't find the cables NOS, even at the places that say they have them, but it's worth trying. I actually found one on a shelf at a European parts supplier a couple years ago, so it is possible.

Before I found the one I was seeking, I investigated having cables made for my application. There's lots of places that do it. Google "custom push pull cable" or something like that. It might be your best bet.

I've used these guys on quite a few race applications.

I used the ☝️ California Push-Pull inc. years ago to replicate locker cables. I sent them a factory cable (to reference the ends) with a substitute length request. finished products were applicable.
the cable locker assy's were eventually "passed on" when I discovered the easier implementation of E-Lockers. Again, this was years ago.

As expected, the OEM cables that sites show are indeed not available. Figured it was worth a try. Unless something comes up through mud, I'll be looking to the sources everyone has helpfully provided above. Thank you for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom