70/75 Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello 70's

I have been active on the forum for a few years in different sections. I recently purchased a property in Costa Rica and with equal excitement, I now get to purchase one of my dream vehicles. I have decided to go with a "Troopy". I have talked to few people who have told me, due to CR's high tax's, they purchase their vehicles in Nicaragua or Panama. I have a wanted ad posted in the classified section on this site.

I am also wanting to hear what to be looking for when buying on these second-hand? I know the typical old toyota stuff, but with the 2H diesel I am a newbie.
If anyone has any leads on a good rig, please feel free to let me know.
Thanks

Don’t go so old it has a 2H. Get a 1990+ with a 1HZ.

In fact buy the newest you can afford.

You won’t be buying and exporting a Troopy from Panama, only Panamanian citizens can export a vehicle. You can export from Nicaragua but you will have to have residency there. I suppose in both cases if you can find somebody to bring it to you in CR you will be all good. However, CR May have a 15yr or newer only on imported vehicles. Many countries have this law which is opposite ours. Additionally you will still have to pay taxes on it when you register the first time in CR.

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up on the 15 + newer laws. I know I will have to pay the taxes. A couple of friends said in the end you will still save a few thousand, that's why they went that route. I have till the middle of July to find one and have it ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom