‘69 Time Capsule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My kingdom for a Toyota ball peen hammer!

Didn't think they were that hard to find. Over fifteen years ago I was trying to help a WWII vet sell is one owner 70 FJ40. Had a thread on it's value. Unfortunately he had installed a 2F back in 1975. Said the F155 had an issue with a burned exhaust valve. Someone who pulled the 2F out his new FJ40 to do a V8 conversion. Opinions were lower than I thought it was worth. Said it had the original Tool roll under the driver's seat. No one seem to think it raised the value. This was a complete tool roll with the owners manual that fit in the tool roll. Start a want ad. I have a early tool roll that was missing the 23MM lug wrench. Found on in the Mud classified section.
 
?, if the tool kit is OEM why does the crescent wrench have english on it ?? just curious if that is NOT an OEM part of the kit ?
Good eye! Other side says Toyota… so me’thinks it’s oem.

Unrelated:

Found this under the aux fuel tank I pulled out. Anybody know if it is of any significance? As suggested, I’m not throwing anything out but curious if I’m overlooking something obvious.

Cheers!

IMG_3082.webp


IMG_3083.webp


IMG_3084.webp
 
?, if the tool kit is OEM why does the crescent wrench have english on it ?? just curious if that is NOT an OEM part of the kit ?
It’s an early SAE crescent wrench.
 
January 1969. Also further evidence of the darn spray paint hack job. I promise it will be cleaned up at some point!

Oh and evidence of his after market security system (someone else noticed the funky-custom L-bracket on the door). Why he couldn’t drill two inches above or below, the world will never know.

IMG_2965.webp
 
Okay another option popped up locally for me. Is a 73 plug and play? Seller says it’s 1.5 F and I’d need an adapter? He’s asking $300… thoughts? My apologies for my greenery here!

IMG_3117.webp
 
You aren’t too far from Mark’s Off-road. I’d take a trip there. You’ll need to call him first, but I’d wager he could hook you up.
@65swb45 is his handle, maybe he’ll chime in?
Don’t bother PM’ing him though.
 
You aren’t too far from Mark’s Off-road. I’d take a trip there. You’ll need to call him first, but I’d wager he could hook you up.
@65swb45 is his handle, maybe he’ll chime in?
Don’t bother PM’ing him though.
Thanks! Left him a VM yesterday evening. Read a lot of good stuff about him on here. Cheers, happy Friday!
 
Thanks! Left him a VM yesterday evening. Read a lot of good stuff about him on here. Cheers, happy Friday!
That is not a Landcruiser carburetor.

I still have a few. I will return your VM a little later. Right now I’m chasing the Sun, trying to get stuff done outside before it gets too hot.
 
Something to keep in mind, you have a 69 only two barrel carburetor. Those were only used in 1969 model up to 9/69. The air cleaner you have only fits that carburetor. Your intake manifold started 9/67 and ended 9/69. The insulator under the carburetor height fits the 69 two barrel setup. So air cleaner, carburetor, insulator under the carburetor and intake manifold all changed after 9/69. Not sure how that all relates to each other. Start trying to mix parts may or may not work. Personally because it's a survivor wouldn't be in a rush to start switching parts from other years. I have a very clean one owner 10/69 that very original. Unfortunately the original owner changed the F155 for a 2F in 1975.

Mark may have the correct carburetor you need.
 
My 0.02$ from grazing the forum for many years. Ditch the idea of originality of the '69 specific 2 barrel carb and update to the much more common early 70's 2 barrel carb. There is a member here that spent a bunch of money and heartache trying to get that '69 specific carb right and it was a waste of time money and effort. The "newer" carb will require a different air cleaner lid, one without a hole for a stud. Slight difference between the two styles:

IMG_4771.webp
IMG_4772.webp
IMG_4773.webp
 
Okay another option popped up locally for me. Is a 73 plug and play? Seller says it’s 1.5 F and I’d need an adapter? He’s asking $300… thoughts?
Not quite plug&play. You have a cable actuated throttle, the 1.5 F carb is probably the linkage-type throttle. But it looks like it comes with the insulator/spacer. That carb will fit on your intake manifold just fine. Personally, I would snap up that carb, it's always good to have a spare.
 
Had a good time Hanging out with Ryley and checking out the Cruiser. One of his daughters May came out after a while alone with the Dog Hank.
A good time was had by all including Sassy 😍

The 69 is just amazing ! We started with some basic stuff like the light, got those to come on after a few tries. Blinker come on but don't blink, No brake light yet. Brake pedal goes right to the floor.

The stranded stuff for a rig that has be sitting for 40 + years.

The rig amazingly intact with very few modification. It dose have some kind of header on it, a funky alarm system, a auxiliary fuel tank that Ryley has already removed & the after market Carb.

I was thinking this part of the alarm.
1789309799818.webp

The header, I suspect it it rubs/ rattles on the frame
1789309907339.webp

Front axle shot
1789309961109.webp

Rear Axle. The box thingy hanging down held a spare gas can, it's in the down position and swings up for travel. There's also the weird coilover shocks all the way around. A gimmick from the past I'm sure.😁
1789310376395.webp

Popped distributor cap and it looked like she was running yesterday
1789310545855.webp


There is zero rot that I could find on this truck anywhere !
So I had to take a picture of the rear.
1789310804891.webp

Last one
1789310884351.webp

Not bad' I'm guessing that's all original from the intel Ryley got on the Rig.

Super stoked that Ryley is allowing be to ride along as we unfold the mystery :cool: with any luck it may fire up today.
 
Back
Top Bottom