‘69 Time Capsule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who is he? He as in me? Apologies, I should have been more clear, the axle I have procured is from a fj62. Hence the talk of knuckle rebuilding/kits/etc.

Sorry for the confusion!

Then pull the knuckles and birfs, clean up the parts and assemble. You'll have to grind the ball openings to fit the slightly larger birfs. I just did this a couple of yrs ago. Machine or replace the rotors. I bought rebuilt calipers from a big box auto parts store. Get the Marlin seals. I would recommend borrowing a centering tool. I found using the 60's original shim placement and measurements were off.
 
Then pull the knuckles and birfs, clean up the parts and assemble. You'll have to grind the ball openings to fit the slightly larger birfs. I just did this a couple of yrs ago. Machine or replace the rotors. I bought rebuilt calipers from a big box auto parts store. Get the Marlin seals. I would recommend borrowing a centering tool. I found using the 60's original shim placement and measurements were off.
😁What I have been saying ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom