62 drivetrain into a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all

I guess the subject tells all.... but i seem to have a fj62 donor truck at hand.... and was wonderin if anyone tried too stufff it all under a 40's body?? and i mean ALL 3fe on back ... tranny transfer... axles (ff with factory cable lockers) I have all the wires and computers... obviously need some gas a flow mods... but as far as space and wiggle room???

thanks

dan

SHould work just fine. I would ditch the EFI and go carb but either way it should work. I would think cooling issues and very short RR driveline

yeah radiator is shot..... i was gonna go aluminum... and big.

i won't post pics (too sad)... but some drunk fxxx used my 62 for a parking brake (i have no idea how fast he was going).....

dan

Please don't say it was the Japanease spec FJ62 with which you username refers to :'( :'(

I know someone (mrtlc4x4 on this board) who know's someone who did the motor. Not sure about tranny and t case. I might be seeing him tonight so I'll ask, otherwise mabye he will show up here.

Sorry to hear about that

the 3fe from my fj62 is now in a fj40. he took the computer and some wiring. as for the tranny the auto/t-case lenght is awfully long for a 40.not saying it can't be done but the rear d-shaft would be reeeaallly short.do a search here or pirate and you will see plenty on putting 62 axles under a 40.
I have recently got another 62 parts truck,and spring time i hope to install the efi in my 40. i definatly would prefer efi over a carb. :cheers:

Tony

I plan on useing FJ62 Axles under my 40 in a SOA configuration.

YOur best bet is to use the 3FE with a Toyota 4 Speed Tranny which will bolt up to the 3FE. Then you have the same length drivetrain as a 40 with the EFI improvements for offroading.

Stew

I thought about that.... but i'm in japan now and comming back to the states here this month... now that i am not bringing the whole truck.... (see above) i figured i'll get my wife an 80 and i'll build me a project 40... (if i'm reeellllyyy lucky i'll get a troopie) i'll have the best of both worlds... 40 for mudd and wicked trails and 80 of mild to moderate family funn!!!

at least that is the scheem and dream of it!!

dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom