Registry 60-series Registry (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chet said:
sure looks like. Mine has em too but it will drain a tank quickly as it comes on everytime you wash the windshield!

Yeah I know I put them onto my fj62 cause they look cool and nobody in australia has them

gureno said:
no body in australia hey....

i have them haha.

and yes they do work ;)

Ive never seen them on anybody else's and can you put some pics up of the way the bottle is and stuff cause I gotta set mine up right cause they just sitting there at the moment

I am new to this site , and new to the cruiser family. I woke up early one morning as my boss called to say, he would call me when the roads were better, and then I could head on in to work. A little snow in Midland Tx and no one knows what to do. lol
So with nothing better to do I jumped on Craigslist and someone had left me a early christmas present.

A 1984 fj60 with 137k on 35s with a Detroit in the rear, and a winch, been sitting since 2004, $ 500 and a trip through a small blizzard later and it was MINE...
I have never been so happy to hand a man 5 bills before.
I have owned too many [COLOR=#00aef0 !important][COLOR=#00aef0 !important]Toyota[/COLOR][/COLOR] p/u s to remember, but never cruiser, I am truley a happy man now.

There is no rust, no major body damage it has all the glass, and I got it running the next day although not running RIGHT, I have driven it around and every thing seems to work. A buddy sold me some very nice racing seats for dirt cheap, and they bolted right in place.

I do need a front drive shaft, mine is missing.. and I want to desmog it and get a new carb
and need to do it all soon,,,, I cant watch it sit any longer.

I will try to get some pics later
Ron

1. 1984 fj60
2. Bryan robb:)
3. I always call it the cruiser
4. About 244,000 on the clock
5. Spring over home built cross over steering chev springs front and rear (fronts will be in this weekend cause its sagging now) homebuilt front and rear bumpers front is why its sagging! New led cb custom 44mag gear shifter custom seat out of something idk what but it matches the color of the cruiser so i love it ummmm ohhh huge tool box in the back which a kicker off the side to mount the spare with i got some old conver belts from work and tore the carpet out in the back an put them in!
6. To pick up the ladys:)))
7. Your getting two photos like it or not:)
HPIM0555.jpg
idrathercopy.jpg

4 low sounds like you got a steel!!!! youll have to get some pics posted of this thing! if you need any help with the desmog let me know and i can send you some pics! as for a carb i went with a weber took a month to tune it in(in the winter at -15) then once summer came around i had to rejet it again i wouldnt go with a weber just cause its a rejet twice a year deal but thats just me! ive been looking and wanting a trol hole but im gonna bag the staight 6 and go diesel here in a few months anyways hope that helps cant wait to see some pics!

Noob/threadlurker here: :D
Thank you all for your contributions to the site, it has already helped me more than you know!
1. 1989 FJ62
2. DJ
3. Nameless
4. 218k miles, 35k of which are my doing
5. Stock/OEM everything that I know of, Polk/JL Audio SQ sound system ... Cardboard mod for radiator? I plan on more coming when I'm no longer living off gratuities.
6. My first car and DD; now a UWyo college commuter and a (mostly) functioning lesson in DIY mechanics.
:cheers:To learning to keep her alive!
IMG_0447(2).jpg

I just puchased a 1987 FJ60 recently -- I haven't picked it up yet, but apparently it has been somewhat popular on these forums. It was built by Man-a-fre a few years ago, and made it cross-country to TN before I picked it up. I'll post pictures as soon as I have it.

It's my first LC, and while it's a little more "built" than I'd otherwise want, it was in too good condition for me to just pass up.

However, let me say that I have loved looking through this thread. I especially appreciate some of the great examples of relatively stock FJ60/62's that are really clean -- it's a great throwback to when they were brand new, and I love seeing it.

Looking forward to posting again next week sometime when I have my "new" one!

Also, let me say that it's my first LC, but I'm no stranger to Toyota trucks. I've owned everything from mid-80's 4runners, 90's trucks, late-model Tacomas and my most recent truck was a 2006 4Runner. I love them, I always go back to them!

Congratulations! Looking forward to the pictures and detailed breakdown of the add-ons for your new rig.

love the KC hilites.

just got 4 for the roof

and 2 for my front bar.

no one in AUS has them so im pretty happy :)

Hello - new to the forums here, and new owner of a 1984 FJ60 I picked up off of Craigslist last weekend. I've been looking at the FJ40's and 60's the past year and a half and wanted something as a project/daily driver. I work abroad and am out of the country quite a bit, so this will be a slow and ongoing modification process. Picked it up this past weekend - here's the breakdown. :popcorn:

1. 1984 FJ60
2. Preston
3. Name of vehicle: (?? Just got her so none yet)
4. Mileage = 174,XXX and odometer works
5. Roof rack, aftermarket wheels/tires (32), stereo
6. Take it to the mountain for snowboarding, haul around the mountain bikes, camping, DD

Near future upgrades:
It has some body work that needs to be done - rear quarter panel and front fenders, I want to reupholster the interior with leather seats possibly from a newer cruiser (only driver seat is torn), Rhino line the inside, SOA lift, ARB style bumper with winch, new paint.....

Here's a pic of it up at Mt. Hood Meadows on 01/30/2012 - bluebird day of riding!!

432159_10150495407481524_507266523_8472518_1371238917_n.jpg

new on the block
1. 1983 HJ60
2. MpDreef
3. Virgin
4. 305.000 km
5. stock except the tires and the oil
Need a lift, very very soon.
Hope you'll like the pics
IMGP1905.jpg
IMGP1894.jpg

1. Year and model of vehicle: 1987 BJ60
2. Name of owner: Hayzin
3. Name of vehicle: Butch
4. Mileage on the truck odometer: 296000
5. Modifications, if any: ARB Bumpers, WARN 6 ton electric winch, Custom Roof Rack with 4 lights, Jerry Can, Extra Wheel Bracket, Safari Snorkel, 35x12.5x15 BFGs
6. How you use the truck: Daily drive, offroading with IJC (Islamabad Jeep Club)
IMG_5604.jpg
DSC_0300.jpg

1. Year and model of vehicle: 1986 FJ60
2. Name of owner: Shawn
3. Name of vehicle: Master Shake
4. Truck odometer: 176,000
5. Modifications, if any: Shocks so far.
Just had to replace the smog pump.
I have all the 2f manuals, so right now I am going through and checking all the emissions stuff, replaced all vacuum hoses with Toyota hoses(has the Japanese writing), then I will pull the carb off and rebuild that.
It needs a good tune up and update on the running performance. Then I will start working on all the other fun stuff.
6. How you use the truck: Everyday use, light 4wd
This is my second Cruiser, last cruiser was a '94' FJ80
Optimized-IMG_1543.jpg

1. Year and model of vehicle, 1987 FJ60
2. Name of owner, Justin B
3. Name of vehicle, Beast
4. Mileage on the truck odometer, 217,821
5. Modifications, if any, Sweet dash cover
6. How you use the truck, Hook it up to the battery of my daily drive put some fuel in the carburetor then fire it up, sit back, close my eyes and day-dream:)
7. A single photo – not very big, to save disk space

88' Blue FJ62

FJ62_4sm.jpg

1. Year and model of vehicle, 1988 FJ62
2. Name of owner, Vladi V
3. Name of vehicle, Ol'Blue
4. Mileage on the truck odometer, 283K
5. Modifications, if any, OME Lift, Chevy Van wheels, 255/85 16R BFG Mud KA2, ARB Winch bumper.
6. How you use the truck, Take the dog and go hiking, camping, parks, etc. HomeDepot runs.
7. A single photo – see above
FJ62_4sm.jpg

1. Year and model of vehicle, 1981 HJ60
2. Name of owner, Jens H
3. Name of vehicle, Big T.
4. Mileage on the truck odometer, 652,641
5. Modifications, 12HT installed
6. How you use the truck: hard core expedition
toyota-land-cruiser-4029101_b_31eac5a001f2d074.jpg

Now my question: VIN number is HJ6000900068

I belive this is the 68th HJ60 manufactured - what do you think? :hillbilly:

1. 1986 FJ62 GX (Sahara) High Roof, manual 8 seater
2. Skellibert - Dave
3. My Girls have called it Fred!
4. 380000 km
5. Roof rack, and an old AM CB, LPG tank under the tail - bog standard otherwise.
6. Daily driver, and occasional off-road day trips - very occasional camping trips.
Fj60.jpg

I am based in Western Australia, so the model stats may not match with the US - hence round headlights with an FJ62 VIN

To add an update - now 545000km, 2" lifted, CB replaced with uhf.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom