Registry 60-series Registry (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1986 FJ 60
Owned by Greg (dad) and Jack (son)
"Sheila" (Aussie slang for good lookin' woman)
143,500 miles 4th owner (Dec 2011)
No mods yet
Son's first car / daily driver

My 2007 FJ Cruiser on the right

-Greg

gbobo nice collection. Whereabouts are you in Texas?

And whats up with that fence? It's soooooo tall

gbobo nice collection. Whereabouts are you in Texas?

And whats up with that fence? It's soooooo tall

Thanks! We live in Frisco, the 'burbs 30 miles north of Dallas. Yeah, the fences in our neighborhood are 8' tall. Not sure what everyone's trying to hide :rolleyes:

A good friend of mine from veterinary school grew up in Belton. Nice place to live....

Thanks! We live in Frisco, the 'burbs 30 miles north of Dallas. Yeah, the fences in our neighborhood are 8' tall. Not sure what everyone's trying to hide :rolleyes:

A good friend of mine from veterinary school grew up in Belton. Nice place to live....

Cool :D I like it here. I go to University of Houston, just visiting home for the winter break. You could hide a pretty big fleet of cruisers behind that fence :)

Cool :D I like it here. I go to University of Houston, just visiting home for the winter break. You could hide a pretty big fleet of cruisers behind that fence :)

But why would you hide them!? Line them all up on the street, someone might think it's a used car dealership :D

shotgun12321 said:
But why would you hide them!? Line them all up on the street, someone might think it's a used car dealership :D

I'm pretty sure his neighborhood would fine him haha

Nice cruiser

looks just like mine when i first got it. nice and clean

Posted this same photo in another thread but I guess it fits here too. I bought this 1986 w/ 237,000 miles from Georg (fj45orange). It's got an H55F transmission, an OME lift and rolling on 31's. Like Greg, I bought this one for one of my sons.

image-3864329235.jpg

Here it is in a family portrait with my other current Toyota 4WD trucks:

Familyportrait.jpg

First Cruiser

Have wanted one since a kid, just bought my first one last week, haven't even had time for my own pictures, but itching to work on it and head out to the woods. Will be here frequently for research and advice. Thanks to all who have been making IH8MUD a great place for many years.

1. 1987 FJ60 (mfr 1/87)
2. RJ
3. Still thinkin'
4. 185000, odo seems to be working fine
5. Bought from a dealer, don't have any info from PO, the only things apparent are de-smog, Holley 2bbl, 6-1 header, unknown front bumper with no winch (but it had one.) Most else looks original, including hoses! Body almost zero rust, but some dents and tired paint/resprays, some surface rust at both ends of frame. Taking intake back to stock (except for smog), back to stock header, comp/leakdown, all seals, fliuds, front end, steering box rebuild, brakes, de-rust - then see where things stand. AC and stereo after that, then start thinking about a winch, mild lift, maybe a tire carrier.
6. Cabin truck, USFS/logging roads to start, maybe some trails. Don't think I'm into the work/expense to crawl rocks, although it looks like a blast.

Cheers, RJ
1.JPG
2.JPG

That's a custom bumper for sure. Looks like a freight train! haha

I bet it weighs a good bit too. I'd get an ARB :D

That's a custom bumper for sure. Looks like a freight train! haha

Yeah, it is b*tchin', ain't it? It helps in the woods, and with the crazy Atlanta commuters! :)

1. 1985 FJ60
2. Lenin aka rolladuda1166
3. Lisa the Land Cruiser
4. 174,000+
5. Chevy 4.3 TBI, electric fan, 6-to-1 headers, de-smog
6. My DD and trail rig whenever I have spare cash!
7. Sorry for all the pics! Stupid app kept telling me it crashed!
ForumRunner_20120118_090508.jpg
ForumRunner_20120118_090544.jpg
ForumRunner_20120118_090610.jpg
ForumRunner_20120118_090623.jpg

Have wanted one since a kid, just bought my first one last week, haven't even had time for my own pictures, but itching to work on it and head out to the woods. Will be here frequently for research and advice. Thanks to all who have been making IH8MUD a great place for many years.

1. 1987 FJ60 (mfr 1/87)
2. RJ
3. Still thinkin'
<snip>
Cheers, RJ

How 'bout Thomas the Tank Engine?

How 'bout Thomas the Tank Engine?

:) That would be great, but it needs to be more gender ambiguous - my cars are all chicks. Does Thomas have a wife? Maybe Cathy the Fine Caboose?

My wife said when she hit the driveway from work the other night, that the LC told her its name is Randi. I think my wife is putting in too many hours at the office! But I'm going with it, because chicks always have the final say, it's futile to resist.

have done a few upgrades in the last week or so.

now sitting on 33x12.5's

and have installed turbosmart boost controller running 12.5psi

full 3" turbo back exhaust installed

and some small things like new rear tail lamps, boost guage,oil,water temp guage. waiting for my EGT guage to arrive before i start upping the fuel on the pump.

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

gureno said:
have done a few upgrades in the last week or so.

now sitting on 33x12.5's

and have installed turbosmart boost controller running 12.5psi

full 3" turbo back exhaust installed

and some small things like new rear tail lamps, boost guage,oil,water temp guage. waiting for my EGT guage to arrive before i start upping the fuel on the pump.

Do you have the headlight washers on yours??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom