For Sale 60 Series Cable Locking Axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I have an opportunity for two muders who also want the awesomeness of cable locking 60 series axels. They also have the added benefit of a Full Float rear axel, which is far superior to the US 1/2 float option for the same series/petrol cousins

I have a source in Netherlands who will be coming up with three sets of 60 series axels with all equipment with in about a month or so. As soon as he has them in his shop I'll post pictures.

As for right now with no one else buying sets, I am purchasing one set and having them shipped to the Port of Minneapolis.

If any one else is interested in getting a fully operational, used set to include all in cabin levers and cables for $2800 USD plus the ride ( depending on middle area to be shipped one 1/2 or 1/3 of shipping, I will drive to meet in the middle with in reason.) All three sets have been scouted and are in fair to good condition.

If no one is interested I'll get one set sent to MN for $700. If three sets come it's about the same up to maybe $1000 for all three.( Union Dock fees depending on port stops and handling are unpredictable) Bulk Buy Discount for all to share, like a group-on for international awesomeness.

I just want to pass an opportunity along. If anyone is interested let me know soon. When he has them in hand I plan to not wait more than a week and ill be pulling the trigger.

I have already purchased a 12HT, gearbox and other goodies from the vendor and he is 100% reliable and good dude.

Are the cables and handles included making it a complete cable locker with nothing to rig up?

Are the cables and handles included making it a complete cable locker with nothing to rig up?

Yes, each set will come with Front and rear complete axle and front/rear control handles with cables.

FYI this may not be a straight bolt on and go setup depending on your year and model cruiser. The axles will go on easy peazy. You may need to consult your HJ60/61 manual to see just where and how to setup the controls, if you need visual references.

I realize this may involve cutting a hole in the floor where the cable go thru. Have a 89 FJ62. Would be really nice to have the lens in the dash that shows when the lockers are engaged. I know it would be custom wiring but the spot is for the lamps. Have enough lights/sockets to be able to get them to work. I also believe where the almost worthless cup holder are on the center console is where the levers for the lockers mount.

I realize this may involve cutting a hole in the floor where the cable go thru. Have a 89 FJ62. Would be really nice to have the lens in the dash that shows when the lockers are engaged. I know it would be custom wiring but the spot is for the lamps. Have enough lights/sockets to be able to get them to work. I also believe where the almost worthless cup holder are on the center console is where the levers for the lockers mount.
I agree the cup holder location is not a bad spot. I will inquire about the indicators. I am pretty sure its just the mechanicals.

I agree the cup holder location is not a bad spot. I will inquire about the indicators. I am pretty sure its just the mechanicals.

Where the cup holders are I believe is the stock location for the cable locker levers. On non cable locker models believe it was just something to fill the space.

The the lens is called LAMP ASSY, INDICATOR. I can find multiple part number listing on multiple 6X series is different markets. All have different part number even show that number for the US market which of course was never a option. This is the section right above the seat belts on 7/86-1/90 models.

I'll keep exploring availability.

You are correct for the placement for the controls. There will also be a modification required for LHD vs RHD. All in all it shouldn't be so hard. Another area of concern will be around the front locking mechanism, depending on what frame you put the axles on and what your suspension set up is.

The locker cable linkage need to be lengthened for LHD. I just cut the rods, made extensions from tubing and relocated one of the tabs for the lever linkage. Mounting the controls was just drilling holes and using a couple rivet nuts.

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

Borrowed from @VTCruiser ~Project Overland

After digging around a bit I believe I have found the indicators for sale online. They appear to be NOS and available from JP or Eur.
If I am reading the schematic attached correctly, the 81850 is the Assembly, indicator for the Diff Lock.

Hopefully I hear back that its the entire kit and this wont be needed.
Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 23.28.02.jpg

After digging around a bit I believe I have found the indicators for sale online. They appear to be NOS and available from JP or Eur.
If I am reading the schematic attached correctly, the 81850 is the Assembly, indicator for the Diff Lock.

Hopefully I hear back that its the entire kit and this wont be needed.
View attachment 1800390

I actually found a part number for US which is different that shows a price so it may be available as well. I look at a spare indicator and wouldn't be impossible to trim the areas out and install something from another vehicle. Certainly not a deal breaker. Wiring would be custom but not a big deal.

The locker cable linkage need to be lengthened for LHD. I just cut the rods, made extensions from tubing and relocated one of the tabs for the lever linkage. Mounting the controls was just drilling holes and using a couple rivet nuts.

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

Borrowed from @VTCruiser ~Project Overland

The Netherlands drives on the right side like we do which would mean the cable lockers locker are from a LHD? Also not if the cable would be different with that rod setup. Think the handle would just mount on the opposite side. That is how it is done with the Fairy overdrive. I also curious of a picture of the cable locker levers mount with stock console. Thought where cup holders mounted was used for mounting that handles?

Hoping you have me high on that interest list.

Last edited:
I will double check if off LDH or RHD. You bring up great points.

I think it is fair to say you are very interested in these axles as I am.
I am not an expert by any means, just trying to get the best parts for my rig to give it a fair chance to make through anywhere.

Update.... One set has been sold in Netherlands. That puts one left up for grabs, since I am purchasing a set.
They will becoming with controls and if wanted the dash inserts will be available.( waiting to see if it will be extra) They are off LHD vehicles.

Extra update- First vehicle will be in the shop Saturday, 12HT with H55 behind it. This set up will be available also. The 12HT will be tuned, custom Wink 4x4 turbo added, intercooler and custom setup on the injection pump. This should yield 200-225whp. This is the same turbo I will be running on my 12HT. IT is seriously the best C26 modded turbo out on the market for this application.

Here is a sample of one in action.

Update.... One set has been sold in Netherlands. That puts one left up for grabs, since I am purchasing a set.
They will becoming with controls and if wanted the dash inserts will be available.( waiting to see if it will be extra) They are off LHD vehicles.

Extra update- First vehicle will be in the shop Saturday, 12HT with H55 behind it. This set up will be available also. The 12HT will be tuned, custom Wink 4x4 turbo added, intercooler and custom setup on the injection pump. This should yield 200-225whp. This is the same turbo I will be running on my 12HT. IT is seriously the best C26 modded turbo out on the market for this application.

Here is a sample of one in action.

Holy hell I've never seen a Troopy move so fast.

You are correct for the placement for the controls. There will also be a modification required for LHD vs RHD. All in all it shouldn't be so hard. Another area of concern will be around the front locking mechanism, depending on what frame you put the axles on and what your suspension set up is.

So the pictures of the controls were in a 60 series you all ready done. My 7/89 FJ62 is still on stock springs and interior seats and console. Would think that other than cutting a hole in the floor and many some nutsert a complete setup should just bolt in.

That said not sure how interested I am. I was under the impression once these were rounded up would have pictures of the condition and what was all included to make a decision. Seen some pretty rusty items comimg out of Europe. Now see one has sold which guess increases the cost a couple hundred each on the remaining two.

No, the pictures are from a 60 that another mudder had done, as I quoted it in that post. (VTCruiser ~Project Overland )

You are right on the install, a couple holes for controls, mounting bolts, seal and be done.

Some pictures will be rounded up this weekend. I apologize that the mention they were coming from a shop and didn't explicitly say they are also for sale in Netherlands and could be sold there was not added, that is my bad.

The condition of the axles are going to be serviceable, coming off running trucks that are being broken down and sold. Now is the time to buy from Netherlands. The cruiser heads there are being forced out if they don't have a lot of money. Holland past a road tax for older, larger vehicles and owning an FJ/HJ60 in Netherlands costs you 2500Euro or $2875 a year just to drive it. Some cant see paying that much and are parting them out.

I understand about the extra cash for shipping. Im not exactly happy about it either, but I really want these axles and will get them either way.

I have also heard of a set in BC Canada, brand new on pallet. I can PM you the guys info if you like. He's wanting around $8500 for the complete set up. He bought them new from Toyota and then they sat for years and now he wants to sell them.

For me, $2800, Shipping, $300 for complete rebuild kits front and back plus time and effort to make them like new again is worth it to not spend $8500 or more to get OEM cable lockers.

Im not saying Im a purist and wont put aftermarket on my rig, I'd justt rather have the best and easiest installed equipment. These axels fit the bill perfectly.

I will post the pictures as soon as I can. I will also ask for a quote for last two sets to Port of Minneapolis. to see what the new difference will be.

I agree 100% on used verses NOS that been sitting for years. I don't have bottomless pockets. If I bought them would be solely to hang on to sell for even more later. Buy new install and use them the NOS value is gone. Even the H55F going used verses new. Once you add all the extra needed that was able to aquire with a used one made sense.

No, the pictures are from a 60 that another mudder had done, as I quoted it in that post. (VTCruiser ~Project Overland )

You are right on the install, a couple holes for controls, mounting bolts, seal and be done.

Some pictures will be rounded up this weekend. I apologize that the mention they were coming from a shop and didn't explicitly say they are also for sale in Netherlands and could be sold there was not added, that is my bad.

The condition of the axles are going to be serviceable, coming off running trucks that are being broken down and sold. Now is the time to buy from Netherlands. The cruiser heads there are being forced out if they don't have a lot of money. Holland past a road tax for older, larger vehicles and owning an FJ/HJ60 in Netherlands costs you 2500Euro or $2875 a year just to drive it. Some cant see paying that much and are parting them out.

I understand about the extra cash for shipping. Im not exactly happy about it either, but I really want these axles and will get them either way.

I have also heard of a set in BC Canada, brand new on pallet. I can PM you the guys info if you like. He's wanting around $8500 for the complete set up. He bought them new from Toyota and then they sat for years and now he wants to sell them.

For me, $2800, Shipping, $300 for complete rebuild kits front and back plus time and effort to make them like new again is worth it to not spend $8500 or more to get OEM cable lockers.

Im not saying Im a purist and wont put aftermarket on my rig, I'd justt rather have the best and easiest installed equipment. These axels fit the bill perfectly.

I will post the pictures as soon as I can. I will also ask for a quote for last two sets to Port of Minneapolis. to see what the new difference will be.

Just to make something clear , I know you are buying these parts in the Netherlands but I am 99% sure that the donor trucks come from Scandinavian countries like Denmark, Finland and Sweden and the rust is hit and miss on these. Pretty sure posting a few pictures would help you sell these.

Joe

The trucks will be in this weekend and when I get pictures I'll post'm.

No, both sets of axles are from cruisers in the NL. Road taxes are pushing people out of owning them, sadly enough.

Appreciate the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom