5th gen 4runner sliders on '19 GX460 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This are made by N-Fab.
0.92 thick tube and 3/16 mounting plates.

This actually would fare better in side collision. It would absorb more impact although on the rocks it would not be as tough.

Most slider are 0.120 Dom tube and 1/4" mounting plate.

I can't say whether the Toyota one is from NFab or not. But the Nfab in the link is not the same slider as the one in the photo above with a Toyota OEM part number. The N fab version in the link has significantly heavier duty bracing and has the outer hoop angled up close to the rocker profile. I did the same design with mine for a closer fit. The N Fab also uses mostly square tube except the outer bar. The one from Toyota is straight out and uses all round tube.

Doesn't mean it's not from NFab. Just that the two are not the same.

The 4Runner rock rails look very similar to the original FJ Cruiser rock rails below. So I'd guess whoever made the FJ Cruiser ones also makes the 4Runner version.
p3180983-jpg.445342

Last edited:
long time listener and first time caller but I finally traded in my '16 4 runner for a used '19 GX460 base. There are more options for bolt-on sliders (bolt to frame, not glorified side steps that bolt to the body) for the 4runner that are less expensive than those for the GX460. Has anyone experimented with bolting up a set of 5th gen 4runner sliders to their GX460?

TIA!!

View attachment 2431792
Did you ever figure out if 5th gen 4R slider can fit 10+ GX? I am in the same boat because the coat and the current lead time is just ridiculous.

Did you ever figure out if 5th gen 4R slider can fit 10+ GX? I am in the same boat because the coat and the current lead time is just ridiculous.
Unfortunately I did not. I had some correspondence with N-fab about their "trail sliders" and they offered me a significant discount to try them. I delayed a bit and then decided to go for it. Thats when they became non-responsive :(

Bringing this back to life... scrolling through IG I found a company called Outgear Solutions that had a picture of a GX460 with their 4Runner sliders installed. I sent them a message and they said they will fit! Plus they are on sale for $59 with only a 4-6 week wait.

Bringing this back to life... scrolling through IG I found a company called Outgear Solutions that had a picture of a GX460 with their 4Runner sliders installed. I sent them a message and they said they will fit! Plus they are on sale for $59 with only a 4-6 week wait.
You may want to ask what gauge material (e.g. how thick is the metal) and how it's mounted to the frame. Unless you forgot a zero off the $59 price, that just sounds like a scam.
Apologies for being a downer... But just beware.

You may want to ask what gauge material (e.g. how thick is the metal) and how it's mounted to the frame. Unless you forgot a zero off the $59 price, that just sounds like a scam.
Apologies for being a downer... But just beware.

Lol.. yeah I def forgot a 0 at the end. They are on sale for $590 this month.

FWIW- Toyota is now offering actual rock sliders - for the 5th gen 4Runner.
LH # PT228-89191
RH # PT228-89190

I do not know if they fit a GX - but they're priced right for lots of folks who may not intend to really abuse them a lot. And they're OEM Toyota so the fit and finish should be pretty good. I think list price is around $190 per side. So under $400 for the set.

367597d1597442300-oem-toyota-rock-rails-5th-gen-2-jpg

Fit is high and tight. So GX rocker trim removal or cutting is probably a given.
367602d1597442394-oem-toyota-rock-rails-5th-gen-7-jpg
The Toyota dealers' parts sites indicate these are for 2019 and later 4 runners. Anyone know why they wouldn't fit a 2018 model?
Some other sites (ebay, etc.) do indicate these part numbers being suitable for some pre-2019 models.

There has to be something very unusual and not to fit a pre-19 model. You could double check to see if they all used the same frame part numbers. But I would bet that they all fit the same. I don't think that they likely fit the 2013 and earlier models because the rocker trim was different. But that's an easy fix with your choice of cutting tool.

Anyone ever try the OEM 4Runner Rock Sliders mount onto the GX460?
They would need to be for a KDSS model first, then they might fit, but as mentioned in the thread the GX460 has slightly different constraints.for mounting points.

They would need to be for a KDSS model first, then they might fit, but as mentioned in the thread the GX460 has slightly different constraints.for mounting points.
I believe you may be referring to the lines that run along the frame on the right side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom