5.7L transplant (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if this has ever been done, but is it possible to transplant the 5.7L engine from the 200 series to 100 series?
If so, is it reliable?

Anything is possible with enough time and money.
Is it reliable? Of course, it's a Toyota.
Would I do it? Nope.
Why? The cost of the transplant would outweigh the value of my truck which is going to rust into oblivion long before my engine goes belly up.

Times 2..... would make more sense to just buy a 200 or if you just want more power in the 100 search for a SC kit.

I agree, the only reason I asked is because I like the 100 series design, not so much since they updated to the 200.
What kind of power increase are we looking at from SC?
Thought TRD no longer makes them?

The SCs are no longer made, but there are some unicorns out there - there's one that was (I assume still is) for sale on Mud that is NOS!

Bring your checkbook, though. Even that's not an inexpensive upgrade...

I'd take a look at the 200. If they weren't still so damn expensive I'd be strongly considering one. Like all next gen Cruisers, when they first come out they seem like less and less of a Cruiser, but spend some time with one and it's still there. If anyone would know if the swap is doable it would be Slee.

And for that SC that was NIB, it's on Equipt's shop/show Tundra now.

There's always the turbo kit Slee sells

Doesn't the 200 have a fridge center console? Drool...(it was 107* today)

The SCs are no longer made, but there are some unicorns out there - there's one that was (I assume still is) for sale on Mud that is NOS!

Bring your checkbook, though. Even that's not an inexpensive upgrade...

They are still available, just not sold under TRD. You have to buy direct from Magnuson now. Land Cruiser

I got mine installed on my 5.7L Tundra for about $5500, most were paying $6k-$8k. When Toyota announced they were no longer going to sell/install them, prices went up significantly until the last units were sold.

They are still available, just not sold under TRD. You have to buy direct from Magnuson now. Land Cruiser

I got mine installed on my 5.7L Tundra for about $5500, most were paying $6k-$8k. When Toyota announced they were no longer going to sell/install them, prices went up significantly until the last units were sold.
The supercharger for the 4.7 is no longer made by magnuson.

Last edited:
Bullet Cars out of Australia sells a SC kit for the 4.7. Save some money and get the SC here (don't need to pay for a SC that was shipped to Australia, marked up to sell to you and pay to ship back lol). Just buy the kit from them.

Bullet Cars - Supercharger Kits Toyota  Landcruiser  80 Series / 100 Series / LX470

Keep in mind that is AUS and not USD - you're looking at around $5k shipped for the kit with SC (I emailed them) so take the cost of the SC off and then source one here.

Understand TRD no longer makes SC for 2005 model, what's the best source for them out there on the market? Is the kit from Slee just as reliable?

See my post above yours. Pretty much the best and only choice for SC.

Slee's choice is great (but more expensive). But it is not a supercharger it is a twin turbo charger setup. They operate differently. So it's up to you which style you want. SC will give you no up front lag and more low RPM power boost (so towing or wheeling). Turbo requires some spin up but is more efficient as it operates off the exhaust and not the crankshaft. A turbo can also spin faster.

If you are happy with low end power and want more for highway and passing then the turbo is your better bet. Otherwise - supercharger.

I would like a 5 speed manual for my 100.

Pics please! Was it a 105 or 100?
A 2007 UZJ 100 series. Also forgot to mention it's been stroked to 6.4L, has direct port methanol injection and a Motec M150 running everything.

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

would magnuson not make one for the 4.7 if there was enough interest? I know they are the OEM supplier for GM and a few other manufacturers and make kits for lot of vehicles. Are the 4.7 V8 motors made at the Huntsville, AL plant for the tundras that problematic to keep an aftermarket company from making the kits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom