40 road trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone.. my cruiser made its final days (at least for the next 15ish years) in new england and made its way to its new home which is mississippi at least for now.

I started off driving the truck through the snow from Rockfall CT to Worcester MA about two weekends ago (26 feb) where I was temporarily assigned to work at the AFROTC detachment at worcester polytechnic institute for two weeks.. this was the first time i took it on the highway and it drove beautifully.. pushed it to 70 once but otherwise drove it about 60 the whole way - suspension (rough country 4'' with confer shackles) was really rough and i'd get whiplash from the tiniest of bumps in the road...

while i was in MA i had to make sure I went to Westboro Toyota where the truck was originally purchased in 1978. I even have the original title to prove it!! (thanks gary!). The guys there were awesome and loved it - I even met the original owner of the store who was working there that day. He was 88 years old...
IMG_1309.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1325.JPG

once my time in worcester was up I took the drive back to CT to finish up some last minute details - tuffy console install with radio and speakers and a wiring harness from coolerman so that my rear marker lights and license plate lights worked

here are some pics of the drive down... my brother bryan came with me which was a huge help! we drove from CT to DC on the first night Thursday March 11th
IMG_1333.JPG
IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1390.JPG

on friday morning we took a stop at the air and space museum hanger outside of DC and then drove our way to down to Traverlers Rest SC to spend the night with some fellow cruiserheads.. steve and allison springs... thanks guys!!

about 50 miles out as we were driving through the mountains in Tennessee (thanks TomTom for the awful route from DC to SC) my wipers stopped working in that crazy rainstorm and i ended up having to drive the rest of the way without wipers... that was a pretty tense drive..

from steves on saturday mornign we took a stop by another cruiser family the reeves down in Georgia.. stayed there for a couple hours then finished up the day with a 6 hour drive to my place at columbus afb

made a stop at a krystal burger (white castle for you northern folk).. and hence the rainbow shot.
IMG_1394.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1400.JPG

to top it all off we saw this sweet 40 on the side of the road in between tuscaloosa AL and columbus MS...
IMG_1403.JPG
IMG_1409.JPG
IMG_1407.JPG

Ant, your 40 looks better and better every time I see pictures of it! What a great job you did! Looks like a fun trip! Thanks for sharing the pics!!

YEAH man.. love that rig! No better way to get to know it than a nice long roadtrip.. LIVE IT UP!

Not that it's a bad thing.. but WOW those tops sure do fade quick eeh?!? :cool:

haha yes.. yes they do! i like the fade though thankfully - the funny part is the jug of canvak has been sitting in the back the whole time i just haven't had time... soon though.

The blue one is for 6500.00. It has around 60,000 miles on it. Has an aux tank on it and stock rims and stock engine. My wife really likes the 40. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Ant,

Great to see you taking that old iron out and being able to make it on a long road trip. Looks like a great time and you got to meet some more good folks. :D

You're braver than me, maybe I've gotten stuck in too many old Toyotas. :lol:

Ant, good to hear, man. I remember talking to you about it a few years ago when it still needed a lot work, and it's cool to see that everything came together. The truck looks awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom