40 in SD and in need of some love (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The guy who got the FJ40 is waiting until it is registered in his name before he posts up and says anything... Title issues

The guy who got the FJ40 is waiting until it is registered in his name before he posts up and says anything... Title issues

There have been reports of the new owner sitting in the tub/chassis in his underwear pretending he was rock crawling yelling all sorts of redneck terms at his neighbors, like "Yahoo" and "Giddyup" and the like.....

There have been reports of the new owner sitting in the tub/chassis in his underwear pretending he was rock crawling yelling all sorts of redneck terms at his neighbors, like "Yahoo" and "Giddyup" and the like.....

That sounds like 90% of us 40 owners ;p

LOL!!!

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin,

Are you off your meds again?

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin,

Are you off your meds again?

Brent, i am serious!

His neighbor has video to prove it!

Check You Tube in the next day or so!

I checked youtube but I suck at searches and choosing the right words. All I got was a crazy fast turbo 100 in the middle east somewhere.

Well, after a month of DMV headache... Things can now be brought out in the open, or should I say parked on the side of my house. :D

Kevin (Boston Mangler) was nice enough to let me know about the 40 early that morning. I emailed her, and she called me back. I went up to look at the 40 that morning, and decided to take the plunge.

Removing it from their yard took about two hours of pulling/cutting weeds. There was actually a small tree which had begun to grow (5' tall) between the front bumper and grill.

The family has owned the 40 since the 80's, and were getting complaints from their neighbors - Del Mar. So, instead of scrapping it, she put it up here. It had been sitting for so long, there was/is lichen growing on the roof and other areas.

1970 FJ40
There is currently no engine/tranny/transfer. So, you could say I am left with a blank canvas with which to create. There is some areas of rust: drivers floor, driver rear corner on the hard-top, under the doors. I haven't really gotten too involved yet, I have been waiting for it to actually become mine.

I will be starting an actual build up thread in the correct area, but wanted to give a heads up here first...

Thanks again Kevin!
:cheers:
HPIM0994.jpg

Wow. Good for that 40 to find a new home!
Makes me wonder what you guys do or did for a living having these kind of toys around to work on.

Looking forward to the build here or ExPo. :cheers:

Thanks again for the roof rack Robb.

Now I have another project to keep me busy for a while.:D

Thanks again for the roof rack Robb.

Now I have another project to keep me busy for a while.:D

You're totally welcome for the roof rack! I am just glad to see it go to a good home.

Yeah, I have enough projects to keep me busy for a while...
:grinpimp:

Very cool, congratulations. Someday multiple Cruisers, someday...

Well, after a month of DMV headache... Things can now be brought out in the open, or should I say parked on the side of my house. :D

1970 FJ40
There is currently no engine/tranny/transfer. So, you could say I am left with a blank canvas with which to create. There is some areas of rust: drivers floor, driver rear corner on the hard-top, under the doors. I haven't really gotten too involved yet, I have been waiting for it to actually become mine.

I will be starting an actual build up thread in the correct area, but wanted to give a heads up here first...

Thanks again Kevin!
:cheers:

Ahhhh so your the one:). After you have assessed your needs- Give me a shout if you are looking for some parts- I have a few that may be useful. Since it's a 70- you won't have smog issues and may want to do a Vortec. If you are going the restore route- I have a couple of three speed/transfer assemblies and some extra drive line parts.

BTW- when it comes to cruisers-you can never have too many projects;). See you in the 40 forum

Tim:steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom