4 runner rear hatch wont open (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok...when it was warm it worked fine...I did notice that the squeeze handle would get stuck in the open position....it feels like it has too much grease in the mechanism to release it sometimes. So today...its COLD out..the handle was in the open position and I hit the unlock button in the cab and I walked around and I figured that I should just be able to lift up the rear door...NO GO! so has anyone experienced this before? if so whats the "fix?" thanks in advance....Garth;)

Shoot a bunch of pb blaster into the handle from the outside and push it back and forth. Cycle the lock a couple of times. It should start working. It's happened to me a couple of times. Once you get it working, hit it with silicone once in a awhile when it starts to feel crunchy.
This worked for me, but I'm certain there are other ideas out there.
Good luck.

thanks Bighorn...do you think its just old sticky grease? if so i thought about removing the panel and cleaning it first...what do you think? garth

I cleaned it

It's been a while, but I removed the panel on my 98 and cleaned and lubed everything. I have not had a problem in years. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom