3rd Annual Lowcountry Boil Oct 8 - 10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The boil is moving to Carolina Beach State Park.
Due to high tides flooding and 20kt winds
Call me at 843-615-6858 for details

The gate closes at 8:00pm

Sorry to here. I was wondering if the new moon was going to affect the beaches up there.

I guess that rules me out. I need to leave around 10:30pm to head back home. Hope you guess still have a good time. The weather should still be nice for boating.:cheers:

Jeremy

Not just the new moon...it is because of the Proxigean Spring Tide going on now where the moon is closest to Earth in the year, coupled with New or Full Moon, and offshore winds....all compounded to something that only happens rarely

That is the cause not just the new moon.... as this event only occurs about once every 1.5 years.....

Last edited:
Not just the new moon...it is because of the Proxigean Spring Tide going on now where the moon is closest to Earth in the year, coupled with New or Full Moon, and offshore winds....all compounded to something that only happens

That is the cause not just the new moon as this event only occurs about once every 1.5 years.....

You sound like a scientist. Better cut it out or people will start expecting you to know things!

Yeah, I remember it happening when I was in Charleston last year. Coming down Long Point Rd, my car almost stalled out coming by the flooded inlet.

Jeremy

Good luck guys sitting this one out. I got finish my house that has become a money pit.

Did finally go to Mt Mitchell and it was a good time highly reccommend

yeah it happens only a couple times every year or two...just a bad coincidence but not related to a storm and gale force winds like last year.

weather ought to be perfect otherwise...:D

Not just the new moon...it is because of the Proxigean Spring Tide going on now where the moon is closest to Earth in the year, coupled with New or Full Moon, and offshore winds....all compounded to something that only happens rarely

That is the cause not just the new moon.... as this event only occurs about once every 1.5 years.....

Don't forget the torrential rains that hit midlands NC earlier this week finally getting to the ocean. I think I heard 23". That's a lot of runoff.

Nevertheless it was right homey at CB State Park. We got 4 good size sites close together and had a cracking good get-together. Perfect weather, good fellowship, great food, lots of swag, even kids and dogs. And shade. And no wind or sand.
Good times. Thanks LCC, I had a ball.
b

I enjoyed it too...Special thanks to ProInv for taking over and the boat ride. Went from Carolina Beach to Wilmington on the Cape Fear River. Couldn't ask for better weather or company.
Also thanks to Scott Shelly and Greg French for the Raffle Swag.
Can't wait for next year, as planning has already started.
Hope to see you guys next month.

Wicked time, kids are mad we had to leave. I got to grow a 3 day beard, which is mighty fine, too bad I have to shave it tomorrow.
Really awesome get together.

They will be sent soon, as soon as I know who gets what.

Tee shirts are going out soon.

Jamie at Sparks Toyota was kind enough to help $$ with the tee shirt cost as we only received shipping $$ from two members. Those that had to cancel at last minute will get shirts shipped w/no additional cost to you. So we can still put a few bucks in our acct when we're done.

THANKS SPARKS TOYOTA

Tee shirts are going out soon.

Jamie at Sparks Toyota was kind enough to help $$ with the tee shirt cost as we only received shipping $$ from two members. Those that had to cancel at last minute will get shirts shipped w/no additional cost to you. So we can still put a few bucks in our acct when we're done.

THANKS SPARKS TOYOTA

How much is shipping? Let me know and I'll paypal the money over...

Scrolling through this thread for the first time in a while and it reminded me that I ordered a shirt. Sorry I missed that. I'll dig back through pm and get that payment out...unless mine was given to someone esle (or not ordered in the first place...which I totally understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom