3FE Rebuild for $2300 1992 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all just found a shop that would rebuild my 3FE engine for $2300. And another that would do it for $2100. Wondering what everyone has to say about this?

I’m located in LA

What shops did you go to , to rebuild your 3FE and price?

Last edited:
Is this a full rebuild or cylinder head job? Hard to tell from your inquiry. If full, new pistons (bore and hone), rings, cam bearings, crank bearings, conrod bearings, all seals and gaskets, new water pump, new valve stems guides and valve seals, new valve springs, new lifters, new valves, grind rocker arms, etc., then it is a good price.

Is this a full rebuild or cylinder head job? Hard to tell from your inquiry. If full, new pistons (bore and hone), rings, cam bearings, crank bearings, conrod bearings, all seals and gaskets, new water pump, new valve stems guides and valve seals, new valve springs, new lifters, new valves, grind rocker arms, etc., then it is a good price.
Thanks for thatbjust called back one of the shops and they said it’s 3100 installed with labor.. water pump is brand new and everything else is replaced for the main part .. I’d probably just have to get an ac pump but that’s about it

Just talked to the other shop and he’s quoting me 2600 for the hoses, the ac, the power steering all for $2600 ... tbh I’m surprised this is a really good price.

Which shop is this? I'm interested since I might spring for an engine rebuild at some point down the line...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom