3F to 2h Turbo Conversion - FJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I am investigating doing a 3F to 2h conversion in my FJ73.

I understand its mostly a bolt up job given the bell housing and fly wheel are from the 2H but otherwise... its all new to me.

Few questions:
  1. Can anyone point me in the right direction with information and photos?
  2. Those that have done it, was it worth while?
  3. Where to source a 2h turbo manifold or DIY?
  4. How did you wire up the Edic motor/fuel shut off system OR pull rod type of system?
  5. Affordable/ DIY turbo kits and where to source - ebay?
Many Thanks!

I know this has been covered over the last 10 odd years. I've had conflicting information recently so would be good to hear from past and recent people who have done it and their thoughts! Thanks.

Hello,

The 2H engine is good but support and parts are becoming scarce.

Another option is the 12H-T. Parts and support are becoming scarce as well. @Billyfj7312ht did a conversion; you should check his thread.

Then there is a more modern option like the 1HZ or 1HD-T. Rosco / @roscoFJ73 made a 1HZ conversion on his FJ73; you may want to check his thread.

Juan

I am investigating doing a 3F to 2h conversion in my FJ73
A 1HZ conversion would give almost as much power as a turboed 2H with lots of parts back up and 1HZ are still cheap on the used market.

Few questions:
  1. Can anyone point me in the right direction with information and photos?
  2. Those that have done it, was it worth while?
  3. Where to source a 2h turbo manifold or DIY?
  4. How did you wire up the Edic motor/fuel shut off system OR pull rod type of system?
  5. Affordable/ DIY turbo kits and where to source - ebay?
Many Thanks!
#4 If you used a 1HZ, you would only have to connect the fuel cut off wire to the 3F carb to the fuel cut solenoid on the injection pump and your engine would start and stop with the turn of a key. So simple.
All the other parts are easy to get for a 1HZ, you are spoilt for choice in Australia.

Thanks for your inputs everyone.

I hadn't considered the 1hz as i figured the engine prices would be in excess of 4k + gear box and supporting parts on top but ill look into it! @roscoFJ73 Do you mind linking me to your 1hz thread? I couldnt find it when digging around. Thanks!

I have been offered a 2H for a pretty fair price with 100,000kms since it was rebuilt. I was interested in the 2H as it bolts up to the 3F gearbox and limited parts and wiring required - Im mechanically minded but didnt want to bite off more than i can chew. I thought it was the most cost effective route to a diesel but i agree, a 1hz would be a nicer engine to deal with. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom