For Sale 3DPrinted : OEM Spec Radio Plate, Two Tone Print (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Posting to avoid cluttering the main boards...guessing pretty low volume/demand, but happy to print as needed - asking $25 shipped to help cover time/materials/shipping.

Scanned duplicate of the factory plate, other than the background is crosshatch vs marbled. Uses the factory sized clips.

Main thread here: #3DPrints : OEM Spec Radio Delete, Two Tone Print - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/3dprints-oem-spec-radio-delete-two-tone-print.1245788/

plate1.jpg

plate2.jpg

plate3.jpg

plate5.jpg

Last edited:
Random other note - for those with hacked up dashes, it's pretty easy to resize it in any direction. If you know the dash hole size and/or what you need, happy to adjust it for your situation.

Four are in the mail, and finally got @lowtops oversize version to print...took a couple false starts, but third time was the try. :D

A few more OEM ones are in the chute, printer is back at those. For those that might want a non-standard one (@togntime1 ), it might make sense to see how this first off-size one plunks in, in case there's any adjustments to make from there.

OEM vs oversize:
PXL_20210321_151539782.MP.jpg

I could use one too. Maybe I missed it but what are dimensions? The PO hacked the radio hole a little so I need to cover 8-1/2 length.

1D677517-98D6-4F06-9813-425F33112FC4.jpeg

Ouch...we need a thread just for a gallery of poor cutup dashes.
  • OEM opening:
    • 162 x 53 mm
    • or
    • 6 3/8" x 2 1/16"+ a smidge
  • OEM Plate:
    • 168 x 57 mm
    • or
    • Just under 6 5/8" x 2 1/4"
As mentioned in the classifieds thread, I can stretch the dimensions before printing, but there is likely a bit of fiddling on the FJ side to get it to sit in - the factory opening has the lip bent in, so there's a wider surface for the clips to drag on. Most "custom holes" aren't cut super straight either...go figure. Depending on the cut in the dash, the plate might also ride up onto that small radius...minor, but the plate wouldn't sit perfectly flush like OEM.

I'm definitely interested to see how @lowtops sits in when he gets it...I can confirm a factory fit here, but one-off/custom fit ones are unique so I can't do much other than measure/confirm. Anything would look better than a cutup dash hole though... :D

Got mine in today, b-e-a-utiful. And this was the one he gave to me because it was one of the earliest prints before the final design. Fitment is excellent. With how great this one looks, I can only imagine the perfected, final ones. Absolutely great job. Thank you!!

B63B8CD5-1896-44DC-82C4-581D9A2E3719.jpeg

All that have paid should be received and/or shipped out. There's a few outstanding requests for off-size/custom plates, but holding tight a bit until Lowtop's arrives (should be Monday) to see if we learn any quirks about fitting oddball dash holes before cranking out any more.

I do have a OEM/standard one on the shelf if anyone still needs one in that size.

md

I received my plate today from @zerotreedelta and I am very pleased! Excellent packaging.
I had to Dremel two of the lock tabs maybe 1/32" to get it to fit.
Very cool product, especially for those us with a hacked dash.

Thanks again zerotree!

IMG_2780.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom