#3DPrints : OEM Spec Radio Delete, Two Tone Print (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been working on learning CAD a bit better, so took a bit of time to faithfully recreate my OEM radio delete plate, including the clips and the two-tone scheme. I started by scanning in the face to digitize the OEM designs, and converted it to a vector graphic that works with CAD. From there, I used the scan and modeled up the thickness and clips:

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 12.03.39 PM.png

The factory plate has a silver paint for the raised portion, so set it up for a two-tone print, turned out pretty good. I do need to tweak the printing for the second try, as the rendering tweaked the crosshatching a bit, but I can tune that out - you can see the better texture in the photo of the one without clips. It's not the factory marbling, but it's a decent alternative:
PXL_20210316_164954092.MP.jpg

PXL_20210316_165011219.MP.jpg

PXL_20210316_165024640.MP.jpg

Snaps in to the factory hole like the original - clips hold it snug:

PXL_20210316_164805240.MP.jpg

Likewise, if there's interest, I can rip out a few as needed...can move a thread to the Classifieds for it most likely.

And also...I have no need for this one, so if anyone wants a freebie (with the minor anomalies in the crosshatching), just shoot me a DM, guessing shipping should be cheap on it. Better photo of the crosshatch quirks in prototype:

PXL_20210316_171133632.MP.jpg

How about a 3D printed dome light?

Im trying to find someone to print up one of these. Free file on City Racers website.

Funny, I made the dome light from scratch as well...was going to post it to a separate thread. I'll see how my model compares...definitely nice to have a list of parts available. I thought about a master thread, but I think a tag is likely more useful (like #3DPrints).

EDIT: ahhh...early vs late. I modeled up the late (rounded) one. Looks like his site is down currently, will check back though.

I started a thread over in Classifieds/Parts - figured this thread was more the tech/how, and that thread was more for those that wanted one printed up:

They take about a day to print - I've got three in the queue, but the first is wrapping up soon for @74GreenFJ . Just shoot me a DM if you're interested and it'll get in the queue.

I started a thread over in Classifieds/Parts - figured this thread was more the tech/how, and that thread was more for those that wanted one printed up:

They take about a day to print - I've got three in the queue, but the first is wrapping up soon for @74GreenFJ . Just shoot me a DM if you're interested and it'll get in the queue.
I would like to order one from you. Much appreciated.

Nice Job. I would take one if you are willing to ship to Canada. Also, I have an original radio with no escutcheon. I was thinking that 3D printing one would be a good alternative. Unfortunately my 3D printer is too small. Any change you would consider 3D printing an escutcheon? I think this is one I need.
1619967595828.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom