3b startup sitting 20 years…EDIC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wanting to learn a bit about the start/stop solenoid system on a LHD 1982 BJ42. I held the plunger over manually & it fired right up. Referred to some posts here, but was unable to locate the EDIC relay….I did see a few others but need some schooling on where I might find it. I did note a “28610-54180 Glow Plug Relay“ near the LH headlight, also a “28300-56010 Starter Relay” & a “28521-57010 Timer, Pre-Heating Relay” under the passenger footwell but could not locate a relay with the words EDIC…any assistance welcome. I was expecting to see a relay marked EDIC however that did not happen. On the drivers side I noted a flasher relay & a headlight relay. This BJ42 drive train will likely be going in a 1977 FJ45 eventually, but would like to get iany issues sorted before I pull it out of the donor BJ42. The 42 has a 24v warn winch so was leaning towards keeping it a 24v swapover. i definitely need some schooling on Landcruisers tho self admittedly.

I think this should give you a good start...

Thank you mate. After a quick read through that link I expect that the fuel control relay has been stolen, as it is just not there. The truck sat in a very visible location near the road for several years. I’ll look again in the morning. As previously mentioned I had only seen 2 relays in the passenger side footwell…1 being the starter relay, and the other being the Timer, Pre Heating relay. They were both above the vent duct closer to the heater box. No relay was found on the actual side of the footwell area. I expect it is supposed to be in this approximate location, however I’ll look again tomorrow for evidence of mounting holes or wiring plug.
IMG_8457.jpeg

Thank you mate. After a quick read through that link I expect that the fuel control relay has been stolen, as it is just not there. The truck sat in a very visible location near the road for several years. I’ll look again in the morning. As previously mentioned I had only seen 2 relays in the passenger side footwell…1 being the starter relay, and the other being the Timer, Pre Heating relay. They were both above the vent duct closer to the heater box. No relay was found on the actual side of the footwell area. I expect it is supposed to be in this approximate location, however I’ll look again tomorrow for evidence of mounting holes or wiring plug. View attachment 3367617
Actually on second thoughts it may be up there somewhere still, as the passenger door was unable to be opened for all those years of sitting. I stole this next image from another thread on this forum so I’ll look further tomorrow

IMG_1357.jpeg

My 84 BJ45 has the EDIC in place but has had a cut off cable as long as I have had it. I originally thought about taking back to original functionig EDIC but the cable is so simple and works great I think I will leave it.

Just my 2 cents, good luck!

Boom. Or just ditch it and add a stop cable - much more reliable and simple
Got
My 84 BJ45 has the EDIC in place but has had a cut off cable as long as I have had it. I originally thought about taking back to original functionig EDIC but the cable is so simple and works great I think I will leave it.

Just my 2 cents, good luck!
thanks guys. I just got finished splicing it in and it work’s marvellously. Now gunna move on to the next phase where we offer this rig as a donor(it has no VIN & a wreck) along with the FJ45 that I’ve squirrelled away in a SeaCanMan for that last few years. Both starting moving stopping under their own power. Project for someone gunna go up for grabs.A fair collection of spare bits to go with the deal also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom