3b PS install questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I've been lucky enough to acquire a 3b PS setup, but things aren't all lining up so I have a few questions you guys might know the answers to.

First - I read that there's a 2-bolt and a 6-bolt crank pulley. Mine is 2-bolt and I read it's possible to just have a machine shop add some more holes. The PS pulley I have doesn't seem to sit "inside" the lip of the crank pulley but rather on top, it seems a little wide diameter - is this correct and usable?

Second - the pulley on the PS pump itself appears to be too far forward. Do I have the wrong bracket for my engine? Or is there a pulley with less of an offset? It is off by about a belts width compared to both the idler and the PS crank pulley when held in place

Third - the grab handle that mounts to the top of the fuel pump gets in the way of the idler! I can't bolt them both on together but the bolts are too long if I just ditch the handle. Are there different ones??

This engine is new to me thanks to gerg, I think he said it's an 84 but then I thought those came with PS. The crank pulley and the grabby handle both look like the ones on my 81 engine.

PS gear came from Radd Cruisers, was a great deal so no complaints :beer:

Gerg just clarified that my engine is an 83, originally with PS which was cannibalised (6-bolt pulley replaced with 2-bolt).

Bumping this thread because I'm left wondering if there are two different power steering pump brackets that fit on a 3B... or something else? I guess you can't see from the pictures I posted, but the pump sits so that the pump pulley is about a belt's width too far forward relative to the idler and PS crank pulley. Will try to put up some clearer pictures...

Is it possible that I have a 13B-T PS bracket? Or...?

There arrrrr 3 possible pulleys closest one to the engine is:

1ST WATER PUMP/ ALTERNATOR
2ND A/C (which you dont have)
3RD POWER STEERING

Soooooo...... YOU need a six bolt harmonic balancer. You could drill and tap if your capable. Yes, use a drill press;) drill/tap charts are easily googled.

I have posted pics of my setup. hope it helps. I dont know whats up with your tensioner and injector pump brace?

DSC03448.JPG
DSC03449.JPG
DSC03451.JPG
DSC03455.JPG
DSC03448.JPG
DSC03449.JPG
DSC03451.JPG
DSC03451.JPG
DSC03455.JPG

ok so thye changed a few things on mud since i last posted a picture. sorry about the doubles.

That's awesome thanks for the super clear pictures!

Im in courtenay and do have access to lots of bj60 parts FYI

Cruisedeisel, I do like the big pics tho! Much easier to see whats what compared to the tiny pics that some post up.

Allen

All the parts I have, The alternator is not included.

DSC03474.JPG

Sorry those parts are sold.

HI, do you sell the bracket and the crank pulley shown in your pic or do you know somebody who has this parts for sale.
Please answer
kind regards from Germany

I would have sold the parts to you because the guy I sold them to, well actually traded with never came through on his part of the trade. He still owes me two 4.10 fine spline 3rd members from an fj60 he was taking apart. He wont answer emails or phone calls.

Thanks for answer.
Do you have any idea where I can get these a/c parts with the tensioner bracket and pulley.
I pay best price.

What a pity. How much did you sell him these parts?
And you can´t return it?
You can trust me 100% and would have given you the money inclusive shipping.
I had been to Canada five times and even to Vancouver island. So I´m a friend of Canadiens.

I would have sold the parts to you because the guy I sold them to, well actually traded with never came through on his part of the trade. He still owes me two 4.10 fine spline 3rd members from an fj60 he was taking apart. He wont answer emails or phone calls.

Haven't met that guy, not cool! will keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom