35's and axle/clutch damage

GMSilk_Fj60

SILVER Star

i have a chance to get sum new 35's cheap but a friend of mine tells me landcruiser axles cant push em`. I no my motor can being performance, but is the clutch up to it? axles? I see a centerforce in the future no matter what but?...

Your landcruiser axles are just fine with 35s, i have 35s locked in the rear in cruiser axles and have never had a problem...and everyone else i know with 35s have cruiser axles....KEEP EM and go with the 35s

Nick

Yes you will be fine.

How are you geared? Stock gearing will probably suck with 35's. I am running 4.11's and that leaves a lot to be desired. You probably will burn a lot of clutch off road, but you won't destroy it, just wear it a lot faster. And an OEM clutch will do just fine, no need for some Non-Toyota centerforce clutch ;)

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator

lowtideride said:
with longs you could run friggin 40s....kick your friend in the nuts.
If you do that to your friends what do you do to your enemies????

:flipoff2:

I've just about wornout my first set of 35's.....
( DD and offroad)

No clutch problem and NO problem with the axles !

Yes, I've 4.11s

I have 35's on my FJ60, with stock axles/clutch. I did however re-gear to 4.11's.

If you get a front locker, you'll want to swap out the stock inners with a set of Longfields.

(thats my plan)

JR

one question: i'm planning on going for some 35's and with 35's what gears would take me back to stock relation? cause some of you said that with 4.88 you lose overdrive and i woudn't like to lose any cause i do a lot of highway

4.11's, assuming you have an H42 4spd tranny

My spedo is almost dead-accurate again. with 35's, and 4.11s'

You can try to find a set of complete 3rd members from an FJ62. They'll pop right in.

If you're interested, email Kina at northcountrylandcruisers@yahoo.com I think he's got some 4.11 3rd members.

JR

how much lift you need to run those 35's. i was thinking of just going 33 but decided fawk that. if i have to lift and get new tires anyways, i should get what i want

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

I thought the better gears for 35" are 4.56 .. with stock engine ..

brett76 said:
how much lift you need to run those 35's. i was thinking of just going 33 but decided fawk that. if i have to lift and get new tires anyways, i should get what i want

If you wanna run 35s, a good lift to go with (I have it) is the Man-A-Fre shackle reversal with the HABU lift springs and U-bolt flip kit...all together it is about 5 in. of lift. 35s look great on it

Nick

AuburnFJsexy said:
If you wanna run 35s, a good lift to go with (I have it) is the Man-A-Fre shackle reversal with the HABU lift springs and U-bolt flip kit...all together it is about 5 in. of lift. 35s look great on it

Nick
sweet thanks man. brake/steering ext.?

AuburnFJsexy said:

that's what i'm planning but i want the 4" OME kit from MAF.
and i think i'm probably going with some 4.56's that could get me right back to the stock relation

Last edited:
brett76 said:
sweet thanks man. brake/steering ext.?

The kit i got came with extended stainless steel brake lines...i havent done anything to my steering as of yet, but i am either going to get the 4x4 labs steering system or go with hy-steer

Nick

Top Bottom