300 series rumors??? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if this has been posted or not but its a good listen for some new LC300 and Tundra rumors

If Toyota is serious about not selling the 300 series in the US, that would be one hell of a petty dick move, given they have a lot of crappy cars in the US already that sell poorly.

And I have absolutely no interest in buying a tundra or Sequoia.

Give us the TTV8!!!

If Toyota is serious about not selling the 300 series in the US, that would be one hell of a petty dick move, given they have a lot of crappy cars in the US already that sell poorly.

And I have absolutely no interest in buying a tundra or Sequoia.
They are serious, its not coming except wrapped as an LX. And based on the sales volume(especially as of late) I would say your comment on poor selling models is exaggerated. Maybe supra.

You'd think that if a Lexus LX variant of the 300 was in the works for USA, Toyota would have said so instead of saying Land Cruiser will be dead in 2022.

You'd think that if a Lexus LX variant of the 300 was in the works for USA, Toyota would have said so instead of saying Land Cruiser will be dead in 2022.
For purposes of merchandising strategy it’s assumed Toyota would like to create more separation between LC and LX. Under that assumption it wouldn’t make sense to say “the Land Cruiser is gone but you can get the same thing if you buy an LX”.

They are serious, its not coming except wrapped as an LX. And based on the sales volume(especially as of late) I would say your comment on poor selling models is exaggerated. Maybe supra.
Between Toyota and Lexus there are about half a dozen garbage cars that have sales figures similar or less than the Lexus/Land Cruiser 200 series twins.

If true, that would be disappointing. US would have LX and GX, while rest of the world gets the LC and LC Prado. We have a GX because it’s a Prado, not because it’s a GX. Chrome and the Lexus image aren’t our (wife and I) thing, prefer modest, capable Toyotas. This fear is why I paid way too much for a ‘21 LC, may be a unicorn one day, but I hope I’m wrong.

Between Toyota and Lexus there are about half a dozen garbage cars that have sales figures similar or less than the Lexus/Land Cruiser 200 series twins.
Let’s see the numbers. And it’s can’t be limited production vehicles like GSF, LC500, etc. low volume doesn’t mean “garbage car”, especially when production is low to match it.

The constant criticism is that LX and LC are the same price so why wouldn’t you get the Lexus. Since USA gets the fully loaded versions, moving forward with a single brand that is more aligned with the demographics you want to sell to makes sense. Not saying I like this outcome, but it’s not illogical.

Let’s see the numbers. And it’s can’t be limited production vehicles like GSF, LC500, etc. low volume doesn’t mean “garbage car”, especially when production is low to match it.
86, Supra, GS…

86, Supra, GS…
3 modes, All low production, 2 of which are joint ventures, one of which has already ceased production (woah some similarities) , and honestly only the Supra is a dud because it’s a Beamer. The GS is was a fantastic car as is the 86. They aren’t just sitting on lots, they sell what is produced. If more people wanted to buy LC, they would make more LC. Although it seems like Toyota isn’t listening to customers sometimes, in general, they make what the majority want. You will always find those blown away that we have no Tacoma diesel and now no more LC on a forum dedicated to that type of vehicle.

but I can’t afford to go buy a new LC, so who am I to say that’s ridiculous to stop selling it. I’m not helping that lack of demand, so I’ll pout in the corner about my 2nd hand option now drying up LOL.

Not sure if this has been posted or not but its a good listen for some new LC300 and Tundra rumors
Man that was so long but had good information. So there you have it, killing off the Land Cruiser and re-badging as the sequoia....Basically what the engineer is saying at the end. Not sure how to take that other than it's now the LX or get the sequoia and import land cruiser badging and glue it on.... Maybe this means a more utility/ off-road based LC300 if/ when it comes.:clap:

Last edited:
If true, that would be disappointing. US would have LX and GX, while rest of the world gets the LC and LC Prado. We have a GX because it’s a Prado, not because it’s a GX. Chrome and the Lexus image aren’t our (wife and I) thing, prefer modest, capable Toyotas. This fear is why I paid way too much for a ‘21 LC, may be a unicorn one day, but I hope I’m wrong.
Agree. I don't like the LX at all. I wanted a 2 row LC so I bought the 2020 HE. Wish I had bought 2! I'm just not a fan of Lexus look--especially the grill. Wife also prefers 4Runner to GX and she had her choice.

It'll be "gone" next year and maybe the year after but it won't be gone for good. Mark my words.
Agree.... If they simply hold off US sales for a few years and then bring it back, there will be huge hype and they'll probably sell more in that one year than the total sales for all the years they skipped combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom