For Sale $300 FJ40 1970 1F engine, trans, and t-case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well there you go. GLWS.

Well there you go. GLWS.

Yeap, now we know I am the possessor of the highly desirable 1970s 1f column shift drivetrain. :p

Really, Thanks for your help. I am sure someone has a need for this. Sadly I am tapped for space and if this does not sell soon I may end up pulling some pieces to sell separately and scrap what I don't have space for.

I always thought the same think until the F155 showed up on a number of F engines with the oil fill tube. It has the narrow intake manifold which I think changed 3/69. Maybe that was the change from F145 to F155.

The F155 came online in 1/72 with the dome pistons that provided the extra compression/HP. IIRC, the oils tube lest in 9/71, 4 months prior. So there would be no overlap.

Once again, tech invades the classifieds. Not like classifieds dont invade tech. But this relevant info is just a little harder for people to find later when it isn’t where you expect to find it.

Tank, if I didn’t have to deal with the shipping monster, I would buy this.

I will start parting this out in three weeks maybe sooner if it has not sold. If anyone is interested in parts from it let me know.

Oil filler cap and chain if you part it out.

But GLWS in either case.

Been thinking about this and will probably pass since not sure what I would find inside the engine. Besides the not knowing how well the carb is sealed without a air cleaner of any type most aftermarket carburators have a air cleaner that wouldn't work like the OEM carburator/air cleaner. The vent on the intake for the vacuum 4WD is also open to the atmosphere. If water got in the cylinders probably only good as a yard ornament. Probably worth it in parts but I have no use for anything but a rebuildable engine.

Been thinking about this and will probably pass since not sure what I would find inside the engine. Besides the not knowing how well the carb is sealed without a air cleaner of any type most aftermarket carburators have a air cleaner that wouldn't work like the OEM carburator/air cleaner. The vent on the intake for the vacuum 4WD is also open to the atmosphere. If water got in the cylinders probably only good as a yard ornament. Probably worth it in parts but I have no use for anything but a rebuildable engine.

I understand. Wish I knew more about it but I don't.

I have started parting this out. This is what it looked like under the valve cover.

If you see anything you want let me know. The complete block, head, bellhousing, and flywheel will go to scrap if no one wants them.

If there is serious interest by someone for the block I will remove the head to expose the pistons to see condition.

20190810_164434.jpg

20190810_164437.jpg

20190810_164441.jpg

I have started parting this out. This is what it looked like under the valve cover.

If you see anything you want let me know. The complete block, head, bellhousing, and flywheel will go to scrap if no one wants them.

If there is serious interest by someone for the block I will remove the head to expose the pistons to see condition.

View attachment 2054607

View attachment 2054608

View attachment 2054609

That certainly looks pretty good. I assume the manifolds and carburators are sold. Do you have the valve cover? I already have the manifolds, carburetor and air cleaner to suite this engine. What are you asking for what is left of the engine?

If (still) parting out I’m interested in items circled in red (including chain with cap, and if the stem turns on the shutoff valve).
523C8310-9152-4B51-A229-773D936C9F5D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom