3 day trip, menu suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I usually procrastinate getting food together till the last minute before heading out, then have a menu of awkward to cook meals or hot dogs and burgers for lunch and dinner three days in a row.

Im headed out for a 3 day trip and want to one up my usual menu, have it simple and easy to prepare. I might do some pre-meal prep, like putting stuff on skewers etc, but I thought Id see if anyone here has some great suggestions for lunches and dinners on a multi day trip? I really like the idea of storing food in paper or cardboard packaging so I can burn it when I'm done, eliminating smells for nocturnal predators/scavengers, and not have to clean anything!

:cheers:

Depending on the trip and people I am with will depend on how much or little I cook. The more planning a prep work you do at home regardless, makes the experience camping even better. Here are some ideas. I am a foodie...so if you are not, modify or adjust to your plans. You can pre-cook chicken, beef, pork, etc keep in your cooler for 3-days, no problem. Consider chicken picatta, BBQ Beef or Pork already done and sauced, cubed beef on skewers or a quick saute, pasta with sauce of your choice, stir fries, shrimp cook fast, stews that are already cooked and just need heating up, burritos with your favorite things inside are easy...again the more prep you do at home, you can assemble any of these ideas quickly, easily with minimal clean up.

More good idear's.

I think I may make some skewers with chicken and cook them over the fire for one night, and something with pre-cooked rice for another. Maybe with beans or chicken as well.

I dont know if Ill pre cook the chicken, but Ill cut up and marinate it then leave it in tupperware.

Being able to take it from the container to the pan without slicing dicing or adding sauces is gotta be the way to go after a long day of exploring or getting stuck.

Last edited:
Cody, you haven't said if you are toting along a BBQ, a back pack stove, or what are you cooking over? What are your storage options? Standard ice chest, fridge in the trailer?
Like BJ100, I do most food prep at home, but I use my vacume sealer. I just returned from a 4 day trip with the wife and kids via our trailer, and several ice chests. We enjoyed seasoned Tri-Tip, and Cornish Game Hens, prep'd at home - vacume sealed - and tossed on to a semi-retired Weber. the leftovers made great sandwiches.
-Jim

Ever use a pressure cooker? Easy and easy to clean. One pot meal!

One trick we came up with for skewers is to parboil the hard veggies before you build the skewers. No more raw onions and peppers with burnt chicken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom