3 batteries for power? What connects to what? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I routed 6GA wire to a Blue Sea 50A fuse inside the engine compartment. Then from there a 6GA wire through the firewall to an Anderson SB-50 connector strapped under the dash on the driver's side. The negative went to the chassis. Once that was done I covered the firewall grommet with silicone seal. It was literally a piece of cake. Try connecting GZ's wiring via a SB-50. That's what I would do.

I'll probably put something similar on the passenger's side off the 2nd battery as I have plans for for items like dash cams, extra charging ports etc...

BTW, I have charged the GZ from the 2nd battery with the engine running and off. I'm able to fine tune the Victron charger for the different voltages in each of 4 cases: off the starter battery engine running & off, the 2nd battery engine running & off.
Yeah I already ran a 6 gauge through the passenger side, the problem is the connector on the end of the GZ car charger is like over an inch in diameter. I think I am going to fix this by adding some cable to the battery end. I am taking it to the custom shop on Thursday to have them install a switch block in the sunglass holder, I am going to have them help with that GZ charging cable and also have them check my work from this weekend for safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom