2UZ vacuum line replacement alternative hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks - I think this is the route I'll go. Now I need to figure out the correct part numbers for my year. I was looking at the wits-end kit but someone earlier said they don't get the part numbers correct.
It's definitely a pain to sort out all of the part numbers . The ones that are easy to identify on parts diagrams are the more important ones , like the line coming off power steering pump and everything connecting to the air box. Almost every line on the driver side I was able to snip and pull tighter without compromising anything. Also replaced a bunch of missing clips on the driver side , like the white fuel line clips and the one that holds the line on the back of engine cover

Hey @JunkCrzr89 Is this the size for the PS hose? I have some generic hoses but my power steering is leaking ever so slightly.. like almost non existant leak but its the hoses are wet. so its leaking.. or would you happen to know the power steering hose "mm" size?
That will work for the two PS *vacuum* hoses (not the fluid hoses!!!), or you could just buy the pre-formed version specific for that valve for $25:
0B4CCF9E-7C06-49DF-B94C-AB0B6488454A.jpeg

It's definitely a pain to sort out all of the part numbers .
Everything needed to replace all the vac lines on 98-02 model years can be found on the following diagrams:

That will work for the two PS *vacuum* hoses (not the fluid hoses!!!), or you could just buy the pre-formed version specific for that valve for $25:
View attachment 3008242
I might be in the minority here but i prefer silicone hoses for this set. I originally had silicone on there but my OCD told me to get the OEM ones and they are pretty soft and that sharp bend on the right seems to easily kink. Took some coaxing to get it right. Although it’s probably just me.

I am wanting to replace all of the vacuum lines in my 99 TLC - for those that have used generic lines, how have you handled all of the bends. I am concerned an unshaped hose might kink. Do you shape them prior to installation? If so, how? I have seen various methods online to do this but have never done it myself.
Most of the bends on mine were fine with generic silicone hose which I initially used (since replaced with OEM because I like spending money apparently).

Everything needed to replace all the vac lines on 98-02 model years can be found on the following diagrams:

I'm unable to open partsouq fron UAE :(

I

i just realized this joke. I'm gonna head down to their office and be like wtf! 😂
Well, I just gave them a call and they confirmed they won't sell local. I tried to convince the guy to sell and he said we aren't allowed to - I'll have to go to the dealer. I got the hint because there is only 1 dealer in the whole of the country and they have monopoly and rather powerful business family, just like most dealerships here and Partssouq can fall into a big mess if they challenge the status quo. What an absolute bummer you guys get to buy discounted genuine parts just down the road from me and I can't.

Well, I just gave them a call and they confirmed they won't sell local. I tried to convince the guy to sell and he said we aren't allowed to - I'll have to go to the dealer. I got the hint because there is only 1 dealer in the whole of the country and they have monopoly and rather powerful business family, just like most dealerships here and Partssouq can fall into a big mess if they challenge the status quo. What an absolute bummer you guys get to buy discounted genuine parts just down the road from me and I can't.
So you can’t order from partsouq and have the parts shipped?

That’s nuts! I ordered all new control arms and bushings from them and they shipped to Washington state in like 4 days. Price plus shipping was cheaper than buying local too.

So you can’t order from partsouq and have the parts shipped?
Nope. They won't sell or ship local. This is what the guy said over the phone. I can't even access their website - I only get a pop up saying we don't operate in the domestic market - UAE.

I will still try to go down to the warehouse sometime this week. That's where they ship it all from.

Nope. They won't sell or ship local. This is what the guy said over the phone. I can't even access their website - I only get a pop up saying we don't operate in the domestic market - UAE.

I will still try to go down to the warehouse sometime this week. That's where they ship it all from.
Please update if you go to the warehouse. I’m curious as to how they handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom