2UZ-FE Engine Rebuild - C1201 code & issues starting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I had to have my 2UZ-FE engine rebuilt early this year, since I received it back I am having constant issues and don't seem to be getting anywhere with the place that rebuilt it, even after spending a hefty sum on the rebuild.

Car starts fine cold, as soon as it is warm or even if the air temp is really hot I have issues, will crank but wont fire. Eventually after a few goes and some throttle she will start.
Other issues - Has stalled a few times in reverse and often drops revs in reverse.
- Recently backfired out the air intake

When I first took it back it was throwing O2 sensor codes, mechanic said would need to fix O2 sensors and exhaust leak before they would look at it.

Taken it back today and he believes the starter motor needs replacing and is not willing to look any further into until we have eliminated that as being the issue. I'm really not convinced and don't want to spend money replacing it for it not to be the issue.

Any thoughts?? The only code appearing is a C1201 at present.

Appreciate your help!

The C1201 indicates a general abnormality from the ECM, which is automatically transmitted to the skid control ECU and therefore turns off TRAC and VSC (lights come on dash). In other words, you have a malfunction with the engine control system, not the starter. I suspect that either the wiring was not hooked back up correctly after rebuild or something is wrong with your ECM. However, why was your engine rebuilt in the first place?

Based on advice you've stated your mechanic gave you:

Find a new mechanic.
🤣🤣 only going there with the pretense of warranty for whatever he did wrong. Car was fine until engine locked up, no issues starting etc. When i gotvit back the oil pressure gauge on dash not working also but was working fine prior. I really don't kniw what to do next?

Was the ECM replaced too? IE it came with the replacement engine? Or just plug all sensors and accessories and wiring from old block and heads onto new block and heads?

Was the ECM replaced too? IE it came with the replacement engine? Or just plug all sensors and accessories and wiring from old block and heads onto new block and heads?
Plugged the rebuilt engine imto original ecm I believe

I might have missed it, but why did this engine require a rebuild?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom