2UZ 4.7 V8 swapped 1991 FJ80 Toyota Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rob Jackson
1991 Toyota Landcruiser
SOLD
Saratoga Springs, Utah
801-360-7566

landcruiser.jpg

2uz.jpg

engine_bay.jpg

1991 Toyota Landcruiser with 2005 Tundra 4.7L v8 Motor has around 40,000 miles on it and runs great. Auto transmission from a 2005 LX470 with 10,000 miles. Stock transfercase is still used. Exhaust system is of course custom with headers, and 2 1/2" mandrel bent piping. Dual cats on either side which then feeds back into a custom X-pipe, which flows nicely into duel 44 series flowmaster mufflers. After that it is necked down to 2 1/4" piping for ease of routing. The exhaust tips then exit the vehicle in the rear on either side. To sum it up, it SOUNDS really NICE!!!

The automatic transmission for 2005 is a new and improved 5 speed. With a lower first gear than previous transmissions, this makes it great for acceleration performance.

Also added leather interior with power seats
1995 Bumber and grill
Full floater rear axle with e-locker.
Front HP e-locker
factory e-locker switch and ECU.

There are still a few cleanup items from the swap, but they are rather minor. I have been driving the vehicle 50 miles a day for 2 months now with several 200+miles trips. I have hauled cars around with it on a large flatbed trailer and it has no problem pulling the hills.

I have been able to get 17.5 MPG with combined highway city. That is 4-5MPG better than the stock 4.0L I6.

It passed safety and emissions no problem. Due to the lack of EGR valve(vvti replaces EGR) I had to go to the state emission inspectors who will most definitely critisize anything that is questionable. They gave thumbs up on the swap and passeded with very low emissions.

I have done countless conversions such as this so I can tell you that this is good quality work, but as said earlier, there are a few small things left to finish up which don't really effect how it runs/drives, I just want to make sure it is reliable for long term and I have other projects that need working on as well and I just want to get the word out for potential buyers. I have about 15-20 hours or so of cleanup work to make it complete.

Please feel free to give me a call for a test drive. I am in Orem 5 days a week with very flexible times I can meet.

Here are some vids

YouTube - 1991 Toyota landcruiser 2uz 4.7 v8 swap driveby

YouTube - 1991 toyota landcruiser 4.7 2uz v8 conversion. Acceleration from at stop.

YouTube - 1991 FJ80 Toyota landcruiser with 2UZ 4.7 v8 0-70mph

YouTube - 1991 Toyota Landcruiser FJ80 with 2uz 4.7 V8 swap, walk around

YouTube - 1991 Toyota FJ80 Landcruiser 2uz 4.7 V8 conversion. Engine bay

Call Rob at 801-360-7566 for more info

Last edited:
our Sequoia can get 20mpg on the highway, and gets about 16.5 combined.

Also I have headers, and 2 1/2" exhaust which improves power and MPG.

According to what I have read, the 4runner gets 16/19, so not far off.

I have yet to cruise down the highway at 65-70mph long enough to get a good highway MPG.

trying to pm you. im interested

cleaned out PM box.

Also I now have a front locker....wohoo, although price is now $9500.

I may or may not put a lift on it and some nice tires. I am at the point now where any money I put in, will have a major negative return, so price pretty much is set at $9500. An EMU lift and some tires might bring the price up a little, but at the same time, it might just help it sell at that price.

At the moment no, but it will. Working on wiring up the power seats right now and the 95 radio/cd player. Tomorrow the lift goes on and wiring for the lockers. Then early next week, lockers go in and flex pipe for the exhuast. After that I will work on the A/C.

After that, this thing is ready to go.

front locker installed
rear full floater with locker installed
upgraded front brakes to FZJ80 calipers and rotors.
OME 850J/863J springs with OME shocks.
Engine wiring is complete

still working on:

flex pipe for exhaust
A/C
wiring for e-lockers

and of course I will be updating pictures early next week.

This is about ready to take hope, so any potential buyers better come forward as it will be ready to drive to its new home by next Saturday.

Did you do a build up thread?

I'd like to put a 4.7 in a 3rd Gen 4runner.....just haven't found anyone that has done it!

Is it ready to sell?
AC and locker wiring done?

Ready to sell.

Got A/C hooked up today. I am still waiting for the rear actuator for the locker then I will finish the wiring.

Here are some interior pics I took with my cell phone. This has now become our family vehicle(parked the Sequoia for now), so I got 3 car seats and other STUFF from hauling a family around, so every time I need interior pics it needs a cleaning first. So all I have are these for now.

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

int4.jpg

int5.jpg

int6.jpg

int7.jpg

int8.jpg

int9.jpg

int10.jpg

int11.jpg

sweet deal.

are those headers 50 state legal? Otherwise, would be hard to SMOG in CA.

There is no CARB tag on it, but they still retain the air injection. If they require a CARB tag then no they are not, but if it isn't required then yes.

This is definitely a shot in the dark coming from left field but you wouldnt be interested in a 98 VW GTI VR6 Turbo would you ? putting down 491 to the wheels. Total sleeper and fun as hell to drive. Gets 22-25mpg highway !

Its clean, suspension, $5k tranny, T66 turbo w a .96 hot side (have a .57 and a .69 as well) air-to-water IC. Might not be your cup of tea but I love your truck. Maybe youll love my car lol.

IMG00008-20090323-1803.jpg

IMG00007-20090323-1802.jpg

So something interesting for a comparible. This guy is selling his 91 FJ80 with a 4BT motor(cheaper and easier to install than my setup). Stock axles, no locker, no OME lift, non-working a/c and a few other issues and he is asking $24,000

https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-t...41731-toyota-fj80-cummins-4bt-conversion.html

I am asking only $10,500 for this SWEET ride!!!!

c'mon guys, last chance. Will be putting up on EBAY mid next week.

It really is a VERY fair price you're asking for your Cruiser. Tough market right now is the only thing keeping this from selling. I think you'll sell it easily on Ebay though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom