2nd-row reclining hinges for 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
These are direct swap with the OEM hinges and will allow you to recline the 2nd-row seat(s) in 4 (or 5?) positions. They will not go flat though (IIRC).

Here is a pair in gray:
PICT0001b.jpg
PICT0003b.jpg

Here is a pair in tan/oak (the spots are from the grease for the gears):

The will bolt onto all years of 80 and the current cost, reflecting the strong JPY and the weak US$ is $195, plus shipping.

Shipping via slowboat to the US is $35 (2-3 months) and slow air will be about $45 (3-4 weeks). Express air (1 week) would be a bit more, but can be arranged, if you have no patience, like me! ;)

If you have kids in the back, these might come in handy for long trips. :grinpimp:

NOTE:
There was an excellent ( :flipoff2: ) write-up thread by "nakman" on modding the OEM hinges to do close to what these hinges do, if you are technically savvy to do it.

Mot ;)
PICT0005b.jpg
PICT0007b.jpg

Last edited:
nakman,

Thank YOU for the bump!

I will let you know concerning the lights. ;)

Mot

These are really nice and super easy to put on. I bought a spray can from Dupli color (I believe) that matched my grey interior perfectly, they look really nice, oh and I never bothered to tell the kids that the seats will now recline.:D

Another recommendation for the reclining hinges from Mot. If you put child seats in the second row, the reclining feature makes the child seat fit so much better. The stock reclining position is too straight for both of my child seats (Britax and Cosco/Eddie Bauer).

The third row hinge already has multiple reclining indents if you drill out the stopper rivot.

Steven/John,

Thanks for your feedback! :frown:

I really appreciate it!! :crybaby:

Mot ;)

Do you still have the used grey ones?

Thanks,
Dave

Yes, and it has the name "Dave" written all over them for some reason. :rolleyes: ;p ;)

Mot :hillbilly

MoGas said:
Do you still have the used grey ones?

Thanks,
Dave

In case any of you are wondering about the shipping cost, I've just shipped a pair to the US and the express air (1 week) cost $61 and it would be $34.50 for the slowboat (upto/around 2 months).

Only a few sets in each color left. :grinpimp:
"IF" I get anymore sets it will cost more since I was told from the manufacturer that it was going to cost more to make more. :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

Mot ;p

Does anyone have photos of the complete install? Do the seats still fold forward the same?:cheers:

Quote: "Does anyone have photos of the complete install? Do the seats still fold forward the same?:cheers:"

Snorkel - I just bought a set from Mot. I will install them next week and take pics to post along the way. Can't do it this weekend - BRIDGE RUN! Then we run straight to Tommy Condon's to "rehydrate"

Frank,

Thanks for posting the link!

I paid more for them (honestly!) even tough I bought like six pairs in each color.
Just didn't want you to think I was ripping you off too much!

Mot :grinpimp:

sjcruiser said:
I posted some pics in this thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=55130&page=2

Frank.

Edit: The seats still function properly plus the added reclining positions - no worries here.

Just updated the prices on the Post #2, reflecting today's exchange rate.

With some of the other LC80 stuff these will be harder to come by, so get them while they're still available! ;)

You have PM

I don't have them in stock but I believe I cn still get them!

Still very interested if a new unit price isn't out of line with what you have listed here. Let me know what a current quote is.

Are the quilted window coverings still in stock? If I start bundling things can I work any better deal on shipping? :meh:

Mot just tried pm and your full! can you still get these? also looking for the 80 series grey dash grab handle... let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom