2LTE wont turn off-need to understand wiring! PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys. still having problems sorting out my japan lhd converted lj78 prado.
the engine wont turn off unless i unplug the solenoid at the pump.
if i do this the battery drains.

how does the wiring work?
im guessing (in simplistic ways) power should go-
from battery
to key
to relay
to ecu
to injector pump.

if i turn key off & unplug injector pump the car turns off. looks good so far but
problem is power is still getting to the solenoid and ecu, hence draining the battery.

there appears to be 2 sealed metal relays under the hood that are to do with the start or pump system. theyre identical so ive tried swapping them but still the car wont shut down. (swapped with the car off. then restarted after swapping).

ive tried searching the forum and google but theres not many with this problem. especially when when you turn the key off everything shuts down normally lights/radio etc (but not tacho). the car just still runs and revs.

next step may be to find the feed to that relay & install a temporary switch so i can fully shut down the system and not have the battery draining.

another thing- maybe its a bad ground at a relay?

does anyone know what actual relay would i need to tap or what colour wires it would have so i can identify it?

or am I heading in the wrong direction?

maybe its a bad ign switch or bad ground there?

this is becoming quite a hassle.
any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
& sorry for the long thread!

Hang in there. Smarter people than me will be along to help. Do you have this manual? If not, check the starting section and see if it helps.

file:///C:/Users/Jim/Desktop/Prado%20pics/Toyota%20Motor%20Manual%202Lt.pdf

Attachments

• Toyota Motor Manual 2Lt.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 196
awesome stuff Jimmy! thanks so much. the section on starting is a great help. I can now test the relays. im hoping not to do a dodgy job by wiring in switches but would rather find where the problem is and fix it.

might also be able to sort out my glow plugs only heating for 2 seconds then! I read here it could be a sensor on the block under the intake manifold...

I just posted an english translation of the factory wiring manual for 70-series trucks, Prado included, in the manuals sticky. It has wiring diagrams of the entire vehicle and diagrams of all the connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom