2F Header (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tigerstripe40

SILVER Star
Threads
So my 2F header finally rusted out.
I've got a small exhaust leak coming from my header, and I the metal is too rusty to weld up.

So, I am looking at buying a header.

I currently have the Man-a-Fre 6 Into 1 header.
I've been pretty happy with it.
And if I get another one, it will bolt right in as I have an exhaust system that's abotu 3-4 years old.

However, I am considering the Man-A-Fre 'Tuned' header. This one will require a whole new exhaust system.
However, I think it will squeeze a little more power from my trucks motor.

Does anybody have any experience with the MAF tuned header?

Any other suggestions (Downey)?
And I don't have the stock stuff any more.

Thanks!

This is the 40 series forum...
I guess it's for a 40 series..
:D

Will check the classifieds.

Where do you live? I have a couple 6 into 1 MAF headers that don't do much good sitting on the floor.

Does anybody have any experience with the MAF tuned header?

I have installed four sets of them, including one set in my own junk and they work great.

As far as increased performance? I do not think that you are going to gain anything from these headers or any other set, that you are going to be able to bolt on and feel something in the seat of your pants.

I had SOR two-piece headers on my truck since 1989, and finally replaced them with these units in APR 05. I did not like how the SOR units used generic exhaust clamps on them to make a seal with the other exhaust tubing. The ball flange on the MAF headers are very nice and any exhaust shop worth their salt can easily fabricate a ‘Y’ pipe to tie in your current exhaust system to the new headers.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom