2F cyl heads... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Does anyone know exactly what has to be done to make a 77 era cylinder head work on a later 2F with the smaller combution chamber?

First of all, the combustion chamber IS part of the head itself, i.e. the concave "pocket" with the valves being the roof of it. As for your question, nothing needs to be done to a '77 vintage head to fit a later year 2F.

'77 is for domed top pistons, I think it was '80 where they went with flat top pistons. You'll get horribly low compression with a '77 head on a later block, unless you use the domed top pistons or shave the snot out of it.

[quote author=Advent Horizon link=board=1;threadid=6589;start=msg53802#msg53802 date=1066849118]
'77 is for domed top pistons, I think it was '80 where they went with flat top pistons. You'll get horribly low compression with a '77 head on a later block, unless you use the domed top pistons or shave the snot out of it.
[/quote]

Right, flat top pistons are used with the smaller combustion chamber heads.
I have been told that you need to cut the mating surface of the head to the block. I was wondering if there is anyone out there, who has done this, and what they had run into.

Thanks for all the help.

[quote author=BigDaddy link=board=1;threadid=6589;start=msg53578#msg53578 date=1066795893]
First of all, the combustion chamber IS part of the head itself, i.e. the concave "pocket" with the valves being the roof of it. As for your question, nothing needs to be done to a '77 vintage head to fit a later year 2F.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing up all the ambiguity.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom