285s on stock height 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am needing new tires for my 1999 Cruiser. From what I have read here they will fit and not rub without a lift. I am planning on adding a 2" lift and ARB bumper in the future but need tires first. I looked through the pics etc but am not exactly sure what I am looking at. Does anyone have a pic of a 100 series truck that is not lifted with 285/75/16 tires on it?

Thanks

welcome to mud! ill look thru the picture gal and find one unless someone posts up prior.

PM me with your email and I can send pics of mine with 285 BFG's - I love them so far and the looks improved drastically - IMHO

99 with 285

Here is a pic of my '99 with 285/75/16's BF AT. I have only had it for a month, and the tires were put on about 20k miles ago.
99 TLC with 285 BF.jpg

I think 285s look great on a stock 100. They do on mine. Keep in mind that you'll be going 3 MPH faster than what your speedometer will show and you'll have traveled 16 miles for every 15 registered on the tachometer.

3 MPH faster at what speed? 16 for 15 seems to be a lot? Thanks for the info though.
And how slimbudda do you have spotless trim - mine is all flaking and fadding away - to be painted soon.

3 MPH faster at what speed? 16 for 15 seems to be a lot? Thanks for the info though.
And how slimbudda do you have spotless trim - mine is all flaking and fadding away - to be painted soon.

3MPH at freeway speeds. I measured the additional miles added with a GPS this weekend. I was a bit surprised.

the mileage correction is simply the ratio of tire diameters (new over OEM)

Sorry about the delay in answering. Didn't see this the first time around, and only noticed because I was searching for something else.

Long and short, trim is far from spotless, the pic was just far enough away, and the right light to not notice. On all the trim area's its flaking off. Though I don't think i'll even bother with repainting them for a while.

Last edited:
Look at the first part of my build-up (link in my sig line). Here's one pic:

Post #3 and the first half of #4. Here's two examples. Enjoy your truck!

45564594-L.jpg

45564601-L.jpg

Here is a picture of my 02 TD 100s, standard height, 285, 75 16 ATR coopers, complete with the ARB steel bar as well. They fill out the fenders well and dont rub.All I have done is crank up the front tortion bars slightly to level up the vehicle. standard suspension. cheers Brett

car.jpg

My 98 model with 285 75 16s Mickey Thomsons in standard suspension ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom