285/70/17 rub? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at a GX470 with a 2 to 2.5 lift with 285/70/17 tires. To me it looks like it would run considerably when flexing offroad. What is your experience?

You're gonna rub to some degree unless you do body mount chop or adjustable control arms. I am lifted and running 275/70 and I rub when reversing in full lock. I have done fender liner mod and etc. Still a lil rub.

You're gonna rub to some degree unless you do body mount chop or adjustable control arms. I am lifted and running 275/70 and I rub when reversing in full lock. I have done fender liner mod and etc. Still a lil rub.
Ok. The last thing I want to do is buy it and not be able to take it off road. So 275s are pretty much the max

I have 285/70r17 and ~3.0" of lift and SPC UCA's. The only time I rub is at full lock and full stuff and I rub slightly on the sway bar which is round so I don't really mind. I have the running boards removed and a CO front bumper.

I ran 285' with factory UCA's for a few months, but I did a body mount chop pretty quick after getting wheels and tires.

Once I got castor corrected UCA's, an aftermarket front bumper and went to 3" of lift I had tons of room.

I did it in steps and had 285's almost from the beginning.

All 285s and any tire size for that matter will vary in width. A Duratrac in 285 is wider than KO2 and will rub more all else being equal. I have KO2 with 2.5” lift, ARB, no running boards. On one side I do rub sway bar and the other a little frame rub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom