285/70/17 on ICON Vector 5s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just purchased my first Land Cruiser. Have always wanted one and when they announced they were discontinuing it I finally decided to sell my Jeep and bought a new 2021. First thing I want to do is put on a small lift and replace the wheels and tires. I haven't decided on how much of a lift to do yet--probably somewhere in the 1.5" range--just enough to level it out and provide a little more room for the larger tires. I am going with the ICON Vector 5 wheels and Toyo 285/70/17 AT3 tires. Does anyone have a photo of that wheel/tire combo that they can provide with a note about what lift height you have? I did try the search function and couldn't come up with anything. Thanks!

I have that exact combination, photos from when I installed mine. You will need to address some rubbing on the front with some fender lining (heat gun). A mild lift like the Tough Dog will be spot on. I went Ironman FCP due to availability and it lifted more which is not what you want (photos pre-lift)

BA656D5A-A4B9-4495-903D-8A1E012A16D1.jpeg

8A4A279C-D435-41D1-9AD8-EB96398931D8.jpeg

BC1BE4DD-945B-41BA-890D-507DAB28021F.jpeg

0A899A1A-394D-41F6-AD89-E92A4A98B706.jpeg

Thank you!

I have that exact combination, photos from when I installed mine. You will need to address some rubbing on the front with some fender lining (heat gun). A mild lift like the Tough Dog will be spot on. I went Ironman FCP due to availability and it lifted more which is not what you want (photos pre-lift)

View attachment 2758464

View attachment 2758465

View attachment 2758466

View attachment 2758467
Did you notice any changes in driving/steering characteristics with the wider track?

Not really other than it feels mildly more planted, but the suspension made the biggest different to handling. [Edit] Now that I think harder, I did get the E rated LT tires and you can feel their weight more before you get suspension done. And don't forget the noise difference, any A/T tire will take getting used to coming from road tires. A good compromise is A/T P metric as many others have stated. As always, YMMV.

Last edited:
Not really other than it feels mildly more planted, but the suspension made the biggest different to handling. [Edit] Now that I think harder, I did get the E rated LT tires and you can feel their weight more before you get suspension done. And don't forget the noise difference, any A/T tire will take getting used to coming from road tires. A good compromise is A/T P metric as many others have stated. As always, YMMV.
1 year update? Still enjoying or wish you’d done something slightly different? Still loving the Vectors? Looking at this set up myself.

1 year update? Still enjoying or wish you’d done something slightly different? Still loving the Vectors? Looking at this set up myself.
I realize you weren't asking me the question--but thought I would say that after a lot of debating I ended up doing a small ICON lift and going with the 285/75/17 to get some extra height. Really like this setup.

image3.jpeg

I have 285/70R17 on vectors and no lift, works great and only had to heat/press 2 small spots on the front fender liner to eliminate rubbing. If I were lifting I’d definitely go 285/75r17 as they look better in my opinion and you get some extra height.

I have 285/70R17 on vectors and no lift, works great and only had to heat/press 2 small spots on the front fender liner to eliminate rubbing. If I were lifting I’d definitely go 285/75r17 as they look better in my opinion and you get some extra height.
Pics? if available

I realize you weren't asking me the question--but thought I would say that after a lot of debating I ended up doing a small ICON lift and going with the 285/75/17 to get some extra height. Really like this setup.

View attachment 3085271
Looks great - would love to see more if you have some diff angles. Regardless, nice job.

Looks great - would love to see more if you have some diff angles. Regardless, nice job.
Here's a couple other angles, hope this helps.

rear forest.jpeg

side forest.jpeg

side street.jpeg

step slider2.jpeg

Awesome.
Last ? - Which small icon lift is this you mentioned?
It's a combination of ICON shocks and Total Chaos upper control arm. Here are the part numbers:

Front Coilover Shocks: ICON 58660
Rear Remote Resevoir Shocks: ICON 57825P
Upper Control Arm: TCF-87504

It is. I was on the fence about the color when it was stock but it's definitely grown on me and, I think, looks pretty nice now.
Got more pics of it?

Hi all!

I am hoping to go down to 17" rims on my 2012 - how does one establish whether certain rims will fit over the brakes? Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom